First Project Done... Cribbage Board

If been looking for a cutter with a thin curf I think I can make the metal piece maybe

Id rather not have to make the metal piece if possible haha. sanding edges etc…

1 Like

True. Maybe just a hole and a bolt in the end drill press and wrench

You could 3d print the slides… depending on your printer bed it can look really nice.
Glass gives a shiny injection molded look, or I picked up one of those prusa ultem powdercoat bed plates on black friday it gives everything a really nice pebbly texture that doesn’t look 3d printed at all.

1 Like

yeah i have a magnetic bed on my printer… thats certainly possible… good idea. Im probably just over thinking this.
Why wouldnt I just put a small notch like most boards, and cut a piece of acrylic in there… certainly enough grip to pull that out.

Its funny. i spend DAYS designing the boards I make, and fine tuning the looks etc and the peg holder, presumably the easiest thing is what I fret about most.
I feel like creative peg holder is what i love to do haha

1 Like

Iv been doing the same thing I’m going to try acrylic or wood. 1/8 th inch slot 1/8 down and. 1/4 thick door with a lip around it to make the top flush

Dremel tools have 1/8" arbors don’t they? They make little circular saw blades for them. They’re even available in multiple different diameters. Might work as a slitting tool for this.

I don’t know how CAM programs would deal with that a tool like that, but it;s such a simple cut, you could probably hand code it pretty easily.

1 Like

The arbor has a nut at the bottom that is not flush on the thin ones I’ve seen or are to large a diameter the CAM is the diameter of blaid and start depth of where ever and depth of 1 pass I’ve done that works well just the cover has been the stop point so far it’s just me I think though

You’re right it they do have the little nut. I think I’ve seen a flush cut version with a depressed center to accommodate the nut though. Seems like you’re aware of the possibility. It’s an idea I’ll have to file away.

edit: I’m only seeing the 3" daimater, but this is probably what I’ve seen.

1 Like

Iv looked some but not at everything always open to suggestions even ones i. Looked at once sometimes new eyes open others

There is a quick connect for the regular dremel that is near flush but the smallest blade iv seen so far is 1.5 inch I believe. 3 inch would hold a lot of pegs

Think I found a solution for my first board (without natural depressions for paint).
Three hole punch circle just happened to be almost spot on with what I needed to encircle the peg hole :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Blockquote

Have you looked at this ? Amazon.com

Yes I bought that on and the 1 1/4 diameter one they work great I just have to make myself believe it and cut the door out of wood :smiley:

It seems like there is so little material there to remove. It seems like you could make a little chisels that would do that in just a few strokes.

1 Like

Where’s the fun in that :crazy_face:

IDK, making your own specialized tool sounds pretty fun to me.

2 Likes

You do get cred for that🤯

1 Like

Get more cred for making your own specialized bit… Weld a tiny bar of HSS to a shaft and then shape/sharpen the end of the bar… Bonus points for building it as a slotted holder with set screws to adjust the width of the tiny slot.

1 Like

Would you be willing to make 2 of these?