Golden Primo First build

Well, I did buy a 100 pack of zip-ties… :wink:

1 Like

after my first print was way loose I scaled them down a little and used my 3D pen to add friction points

That gold sure is purdy.

1 Like

So I’m going to try to tackle the electronics this weekend. I’m very new to this stuff. The only experience I have in this field was building my mk3s and I guess my computer. Oh and the rpi zero w I could never get to connect to the internet.

Is there anything I should order that doesn’t come with the Rambo 1.3 or is not listed in the parts list. Stuff like adapters, connections, wires or proper tools for certain things.

If you are going to be putting DuPont connectors it’s the like in any wires, order a crimping tool. It will save you hours of frustration and broken connectors.

You’ll still have hours of frustration and lots of broken connectors, just not as many.

Hey now! I’ve gotten much better at putting connectors on. You should see how many molex connectors I have inside the case for MPCNC!

Love that gold on black, beautimus machine! Ryan should use your machine photo in his advertising!

2 Likes

Would this do the job? https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwi30ea2--HqAhUDPq0GHbgqAMQYABAEGgJwdg&ae=1&sig=AOD64_122CLjSVonXUNOYfH-ODRhmNlYfw&ctype=70&q=&ved=2ahUKEwjaid-2--HqAhUKIjQIHak2BMkQwg96BAgKEBQ&adurl=https://www.amazon.com/WayinTop-Connector-Crimping-Crimper-Terminals/dp/B07JG8HVLG/ref%3Dasc_df_B07JG8HVLG/%3Ftag%3Dhyprod-20%26linkCode%3Ddf0%26hvadid%3D309735728871%26hvpos%3D%26hvnetw%3Dg%26hvrand%3D8628024016414666395%26hvpone%3D%26hvptwo%3D%26hvqmt%3D%26hvdev%3Dm%26hvdvcmdl%3D%26hvlocint%3D%26hvlocphy%3D9032873%26hvtargid%3Dpla-624538377296%26psc%3D1%26language%3Den_US

also is this necessary if I’m using all V1 components and wires?

If you are using the wiring harnesses from Ryan, then you shouldn’t need them. If you end up rewriting it later like the rest of us, you’ll want it then.

Something like that. This is the one that I have:

IWISS SN-28B Crimping Tool for AWG28-18 Dupont Pins Amazon.com

Alright cool I might grab it and some connectors just in case. I saw some cat5 that looked really good might try that in the future. For now I think I will use Ryan’s stuff.

That had to be the sexiest thing I’ve seen get built in a long time!!

1 Like

Alright so after spending almost every free second I had over the last few days (which really doesn’t add up to much) and another order made with V1 ( I hope Ryan hasn’t become annoyed with all my random orders). I think I kind of know how the wiring is going to go. When everything gets here I will give it a shot and probably do a mock up and post it before I do anything.

In the mean time I might spend this weekend building an enclosure and possibly redo the base both for the sake of a spoil board and the overall squaring. Now that I have a better understanding of the machine I think I can do it better.

Here is a bit more information on what Jeffeb3 is suggesting on the other thread with respect to your E Stop switch. He proposes purchasing an IoT relay like this one: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WV7GMA2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You could wire it up like this:

Note the E Switch would be positioned right where you had it in the picture in your initial query and only needs to interrupt the 12v line. Short term, there is little benefit to this solution over interrupting MAINS power. Longer term, this solution can be upgraded an no cost so that the signal line uses one of the fan output pin sets and then you can control your router through GCODE. So with a bit more work your router and maybe a small vac would start automatically when the job starts and stop when the job ends. A search of this forum for “IoT Relay” will give you more information.

2 Likes

I might try this! I really like the idea of the router starting like that!

Just to confirm an IEC cable to the same “Mains” as the 12v converter would work for the IoT?

1 Like

Yes, you can use the same extension cord to power both. Note that the signal wires into the IoT draws very little current so they can be light duty. I used 6’ of 22 AWG speaker wire for my IoT relay. Also there are power pins on the Rambo board you can use rather than splicing into the power cable as I have it in the diagram. The benefit to using the pins is that in the future when you want to control the IoT Relay by GCODE, all you have to do is move the connection to new pins. You will need Dupont connectors to connect to the pins. I would recommend getting pre-made wires with connectors and then cutting and soldering to make the connection. There might be wires left over from the Rambo board that you can re-purpose to make the connection to the board.

1 Like