Homeing not working on MPCNC

I recently purchased the RAMBo v1.4 Pre-Flashed for CNC and have installed it into my mpcnc. I have been able to connect and get the motors to move. But it does not seems to be exuctuting the g28 command to find the end stops. Only seems to be moving a few cm in the x and y axis and stopping. Could anyone recommend any trouble shooting or steps I could take to fix this problem.

Start by connecting your board to any g-code sender (like Repetier-Host) and sending a M119 command to check the states. They should all read “open.” None should read “triggered.”

The most common reason for something similar to what you describe is that you wired your switches as normally open rather than normally closed. The V1 maintained Marlin firmware is set up for normally closed switches, so that if a switch or wire fails, the homing stops rather than smashing past the stop block. If your switches are wired normally open, then the small amount of movement you are seeing may be part of the retest sequence, and the movement will be away from the home position of your machine.

Thanks that seems to be the problem