How to keep XY reference to switch tool

Hi, I am Cristian, Sorry for my bad english,
I am a brazillian and I and my students group had finish the mount of MPCNC one week ago, so I already did the first run with Styrofoam, and some days ago I ran with Dremel 4000 with MDF(wood) 25mm, but my doubt is:

1.If I put a finished part in the bed, and want to start in a specific location in XY plan, how I do that? I was thinging just exclude the Gcode of home and set the head manually…

2.And now I watched this video of MPCNC : https://www.v1engineering.com/specifications/ and I was thinking how the guy did the correct dimension of the cup acessory when he was milling? I using ESTLcam V9, and the only thing I can imagine that guy did is to use diferrent tools on ESTL (a pen and a drill), and add a Pause gcode when drawing was finished to keep the XY reference of the draw.

3.The ESTL dimensions are real? Because when I put DXF exemples there the exemples was too small, so I have to resize them in ESTL. How I measure on ESTL?

1. Where I find Vicious DXF exemple?

Thanks in advance

The way I do it is having x/y endstops at one end. These are my reference 0’s because they don’t change. When I do parts that require multiple bits I make sure their 0 is always in the same place on the files. Then I do the following;

1: Attach whatever I’m cutting to the spoil board.
2: Load the first gcode file.
3: Hit X and Y home in repetier, this brings the router for me all the way to the left and front.
4: Jog the router over to where I want the new 0 to be.
5: Use my homemade touch off plate to set Z 0 by hitting Z home in repetier.
6: Write down the current X/Y position on a postit note. <<<— This is my Achilles heel. I forget this part way too often.
7: Hit the Set 0 shortcut button in repetier to set my new 0 at the current location.

Once it’s done, I just swap out the bit, which usually moves the router, so your 0 is now gone, and start over at step 2 with the new gcode.

The easiest way to size parts in Estlcam is know what size they were in whatever cad/cam software they were designed. Then when you import them, use the same measurement system. Otherwise I just change the grid size to a known dimension and scale off that.

1- I don’t use end stops, so either diable the g28 command or move it and reset the zero position with the lcd or repetier.

2- sized correctly in CAD- imported the same-

3- make sure you import them at the correct units.

4- in the shop, https://www.v1engineering.com/product/logo-dxf/

ahhh, Barry beat me too it, Thanks

You mention touch off plate. Where does one find info on using this and setting it up for the ramps board?

Give me a few minutes, I’ll upload a quick video.

Thanks soo much for sharing that!

Thanks all you so much, i will share some images from jobs that we already made. Tips are welcome… I will work to learn more about how to use ESTLcam and just in case I ask you again.