How to use a diferent router

hi guys!

I now have mounted all the wood an printed parts with its motors and wheels etc. But when i tried to fit the router I already have, the holes were not matching in the 611 plate. I am going to buy another router for the low rider, but i want to make the first tests with the one I already have, and I need to know what to look for to buy the new one. I’m in quarentine so I cant go to the shop to see my router specifications, but as soon as possible I’ll post the infos needed.

So, how do I modify the 611 plate to fit other router without losing the machines precision, and what information i have to look to know how the router will fit the original 611 plate?

Health to all of you!

Can you take the bottom plate of the router base off? Just use that to mark and drill out some holes to attach the base. It isn’t exact. The biggest thing to fit is the dust port.

If you get it running, you can make another plate with the exact dimensions for your router.

Stay safe. Have fun. Get it dirty.

3 Likes

thank you! my thought is that the holes that are already in the 611 plate are the ones that makes the router to be in the exact center position for tha machine to work properly. Is that right? Being so, dont i need to use it as reference to put a router that have a diferent hole spacing? or the machine will auto regulate its new center once its set?

No need to be exact with the router. Wherever you screw it down is zero, just make sure you don’t hit the rails.

1 Like