I need some initial help

Hi,

I still in the ordering phase and i have not printed anything yet.
The cnc can have lot of possible configurations and i have lots of questions because i not sure what to order.
I have good experience in building 3d printer but zero in cnc…

Some questions:
-I want to build the cnc to be able to work aluminium and have an build volume of 500mm x 500mm. can some one tell me if is necessary to buy some specific hardware ?
-I from Portugal, so planning to build the IE version. What is the best metallic tube to use?
-Is there are an dimension calculator for the IE version?
-What is the best bearing options: 608zz or 608-2rc ?
-Nema17 motor of 1.7A with 1/32 strepper (drv8825) have enough power to work aluminium? Is necessary to use nema23?
-Is there are some good opensource “sliding” software to use with the cnc? in 3d printing i use cura, but for the cnc must be different, what are the options?

Some questions:
-I want to build the cnc to be able to work aluminium and have an build volume of 500mm x 500mm. can some one tell me if is necessary to buy some specific hardware ?

500x500 is very large for aluminum. If you don’t have any CNC experience this will be difficult for you. If you look at commercial machines that is an extremely large size even for expensive machines. If you are making 500x500mm parts you are looking at waterjet or plasma cutting.

-I from Portugal, so planning to build the IE version. What is the best metallic tube to use?

What size OD tubing is available to you, emt electrical conduit is preferred for its price/performance. Stainless steel in nice but very expensive.

-Is there are an dimension calculator for the IE version?

Same for both versions. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:948320

-What is the best bearing options: 608zz or 608-2rc ?

608-2rs

-Nema17 motor of 1.7A with 1/32 strepper (drv8825) have enough power to work aluminium? Is necessary to use nema23?

NEma 17 4oz/in or better

-Is there are some good opensource “sliding” software to use with the cnc? in 3d printing i use cura, but for the cnc must be different, what are the options?

ESTLCAM

500mm is 19,7 inches, is too big for aluminium? What is in your opinion the max size this cnc can have to cut aluminium?
On the web site thingiverse is indicate that it have milled aluminium with an cnc bigger the one i planning to build. 23.5 x 32 inches

And thank to response to my questions.

Sorry you are right for some reason I was thinking 1000x1000.

I am using the recommended build for aluminum just fine.

https://www.v1engineering.com/assembly/conduit-rails-tubes-pipes/

more questions…

In my zone the unique tube i found is stainless steel 25mm diametre and 2mm thickness, this is an valid option?
I found too 25mm aluminium tube of 1mm thickness, is half the price of the stainless steel but i think it will be too weak.

Other question about the router. I found the router called makita rt0700c for 139€.
Is was 710W power, soft start, variable speed, this is an good router to mill aluminium?
The router support 6mm and 8mm collets, i never worked with an cnc before and i need some help to buy the “cutting tools” that are put on the 6/8mm collect (I do not know the name in English…) I really like to have some tips to know what i need to buy. I pretend to buy the necessary tools to cut and mill wood and aluminium.