img2gcode issues

How ever you made the gcode file. It doesn’t work at all, usb or sd card, so there must be bad setting.

Have you started with the estlcam walk through to just do a 2D drawing? Just to make sure all your stuff works? There are so many things that can go wrong, even more so when you sourced your own parts. This file is bad for sure, but does your machine actually work? Starting with anything other than a 2D drawing is adding way to many variables for a test run.

I used img2gcode. Set the laser on to M106 S and the off to M107. Not really any other settings.

A pen drawing works, then I tried a vector engrave with the laser works and it works. It moves by manual control no problem. It is just any raster engraving file I attempt to run.

Did you attempt to run the gcode I posted further up the thread? I did not work for you either? Same errors?

Is it an issue that the files are HUGE?

Could some one post a sample gcode of a raster that works for me to try?

My bad, I’m busy doing something else I didn’t have the power turned on. Your file seems works fine from repetier. I don’t have time to put the laser on right now but it goes through the motions just fine.

What issues are you having, the repetier issues from above? works fine here

Try my file it works fine, it’s from the stamp video.

stamplaser_0001.zip (14.8 KB)

Try using repetier host instead of server. I have never used server.

Ok. My file would not even start. The interface would just lock up and I would have to unplug the usb to get control again. I will see if your file work tonight.

My issue is in the repetier console log it says Error:Line Number is not Last Line Number+1, Last Line: xxx

attached graphic is from repetier

EDIT - Tried Repetier Host too and it spit out the exact same errors.

That is from repetier-server, I have never used it. That screen shot doesn’t show anything but a continuous error, the first error is usually the important one. Try the regular repetier-host, proven to work well.

I didnt screen shot the errors from host but I did try it and the same errors showed up at the bottom… But host was connected thru repetier server… Maybe will try uninstalling server and serial connect with host.

Since the file is good and I can any send other gcode thru server I dont think that is the problem but its worth the shot.

It just strange that it is only happening with the raster engrave files.

Maybe server can’t handle the decimals.

Perhaps… the 0.4 version will answer that question. Do decimals work in Host for you?

EDIT- DUH they must if my file worked for you

asking on the Repetier forum directly to see if they can answer the decimal question for server.

Well @Vicious1 you are the man… It was Repetier Server. Let it be known that Server does not work with the Raster Engraving files for what ever reason.

The code is running now. It looks like it needs some tweaks. Will post a pic when its done.

All credit to Leo69, I would have never thought about the decimal places with him.

I think asking about the decimals is a wasted effort at this point. It’s a simple thing to try isn’t it? Even if the decimals themselves aren’t the direct cause of the error, the extra few bytes added to every line of gcode is going to slow down a very demanding serial process and may cause the error indirectly. I’ve looked at the Marlin firmware and the decimals are ignored by the gcode interpreter/parser anyway because the laser power commands are just 8-bit analogWrite commands that can’t use decimal values. This feature was experimental and found to be useless so it’s been removed.

If you’re running Marlin then you can try slowing feed rate and/or acceleration so that the planner and serial buffer can keep in rhythm with each other or just print from SD as others have done successfully. I think there’s a setting in Marlin firmware for the serial buffer too but I wouldn’t play with that just yet. If I get a chance later I’ll try running your file from SD and see how it does.

Oh crap, disregard my last post. Glad you got it sorted. Thanks for the assist Vicious:)

Going to try running the most recent version of img2gcode with all the decimals

High five, team work!

I haven’t burned anything in a while gunna have to see what I can do with it soon! 3D mill a face and burn the pic on top?

I think it is turning out to be a black box… I am using the leather setting on cardboard

What’s your feed rate? Sounds like it needs to be sped up and/or power level turned down. I prefer to increase speed when the born is too dark. Lowering power level will work too but will compromise gray-scale resolution a bit.

I want to say i put it at 4000mm/min. It’s still running.

Here is what it looks like… no real image.

The dark lines are from a vector test yesterday.

Cardboard isn’t the best thing to test on. Try some light colored wood, pine is cool.