Is there a Low Rider version 2 to version 3 upgrade kit?

I have put together a v2 version of the Low Rider on a temporary table. However, I have been a bit slow at building a permanent table to mount it on. I see now there is a version 3 that sits on top of the table. That would be a big advantage for me.

I’d like to use as many of the version 2 parts as possible that I already have and use them to make a version 3 instead. Is there an upgrade kit that just gives me the parts I need build a version 3 low rider using as many of my version 2 parts as possible?

Thanks
Chris K

1 Like

The beta team looked at this…

The V1 kit for the LR2 uses hardly any 1.5" 5/16" bolts which the LR3 uses exclusively. You can salvage the 1.75" bolts, but there aren’t enough. The nylock nuts are fine, of course, and there are fewer of them needed for the LR3. I bought a small box of 1.5" bolts.

There are many M5X30 screws needed. I used a bunch of the 1.25" #6-30 screws and locknuts in place of about 16 of the M5 screws and nuts. The #6 nylocks are 5/16" wrench size and the M5 ones are 8mm. The #6 hardware can replace the screws and captive nuts on the beam for the back strut. You still need 83 M5X30 screws and nylocks, but can recover several from the LR2. 75 shoukd be enough.

The electronics, motors, pulleys, belts, and idlers are all good. The LR2 leadscrews can literally be cut in half as supplied, and will likely still be too long. Lots to spare there. You will also have all the 608 skate bearings you need, with sets of spares.

You’ll need a couple dozen #4 screws, I think you’ll be ok for M3 screws.

The only thing left are the MGN12H linear rails, which are sold separately in the V1 store. The nuts and bolts you can easily source…

So the ypgrade kit is basically the set of 4 MGN12H x 150mm rails, and go get some screws and nuts.

5 Likes