Jerky twitchy jumpy

Hi All! I’m wrapping up my build and have some issue to iron out. First my build specs: 36" x 36" pub height table with a 26" x 26" box I made to house the ZenXY. My Y arms are 24 3/8" and as suggested the X arms are 1/8" less. Motherboard is one I took from my 3d printer - Anet A8 v1.7 running your MiniRambo firmware with my Anet board specified as the BOARD in configuration.h, 240 Watt PSU from my 3d printer as well , two new NEMA 17 steppers from Steppersonline.com and the parts were printed based on the stl’s I downloaded from the link here. All the other parts were purchased from the BOM Amazon links here on this site.

Issues:

Not sure the belts are routed correctly or tensioned correctly. Is there a good diagram somewhere?

When running a pattern I downloaded from Sandify (platter set as 600 X 600) it is real jerky. I tipped the table up 45 degress and could see the x carriage jumping and bouncing around funky. Video and pics can be viewed here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-IEcTNmr4a-Ky5Xv8qOfMaH6RUGox3__?usp=sharing

Either I goofed something up with the belts or I really screwed something up elsewhere.

Help! This was supposed to be a surprise 50th birthday present for the wife. I’m now 2 weeks late and thinking I should have bought her jewelry! :slight_smile:

Best,

Mike

There are good diagrams at corexy.com.

From the looks of the video, you’re skipping steps. It also looks like the gantry is lifting up a bit, so maybe things aren’t totally flat?

Can you use pronterface and just use the x and y buttons to make sure its moving the right way? Or repetier host, or the lcd.

1 Like

I don’t know much about the anet board, but you did something like this?:

Is ther current setting in the firmware with digipots like the mini rambo? You shouldnt need much for the ZXY, but if it’s not set it would skip steps.

1 Like

Ok so after some head scratching and sitting on the floor under the table I discovered the Y axis stepper wasn’t really skipping it was locking up. I swapped both new motors out with the X and Y steppers from my Anet and Viola! a running machine! I have more kinks to iron out (homing, X_MAX_POS & Y_MAX_POS etc etc) but I’m a 52 y.o. college student that needs to switch gears and get some homework done…

I did a step by step with lots of pictures for my first build. It’s here and shouldn’t be too hard to find. :slight_smile:

1 Like