Lead Screw Thread Direction

Are both the lead screws supposed to be the same direction, or opposite? I got two RH lead screws and opposing nuts, so I need to figure out which part I have to replace.

Same

K, I’ll see if I can track down a new nut then.

Thanks!

1 Like

Sounds like you got one of those anti backlash nuts. We don’t need them, because of the weight of the gantry.

Can you post a picture? Im having a hard time visualizing right hand threads and incorrect nuts.

Yes…a picture would be helpful. If it is an anti-backlash nut the second part can still be used as it has the same thread as the top part so could be used with the other shaft…If you ordered two shafts and two nuts was there a hole in the packaging maybe? :slight_smile:
I don’t think they make a left hand threaded shaft…just different diameters and pitches.

Well this is embarrassing, but apparently I was so tired when I was working on it last night that when it didn’t catch the threads within 2 seconds I looked at the direction and was convinced it was the wrong nut…turns out I was just looking at the near side of the screw and far side of the nut. Hahahha well I’m just glad I wasn’t doing anything with power tools at the time.

6 Likes

Can’t tell if you are screwed or nuts, but glad you got it figured out! :grin:

3 Likes

You are twisted…

1 Like