Let's see your shop

Oh… Shop pictures, eh? Let’s see. I think I can find one around here. Give me a second…

Ah! Here it is!

OG

1 Like

Lol my shop is the primo sitting on the freezer out in the tiny porch

1 Like

The dartboard got hung before the computer went in. every time i’m sitting there waiting for a cut to finish, i look at that dartboard and think, hey i should toss a few, then i remind myself that if i try that i’ll put a dart through the screen on the first try.

1 Like

Practicing darts would be a very useful activity to do while using the CNC machine. Just enough movement to keep yourself busy, but not enough to really wear you out. And you aren’t focused on it so much that you wouldn’t notice something with the CNC. I think you should move it. Or invest in a cardboard box to fit over the computer to keep it safe.

I’ve been known to shoot my bow out the back door on the shop while waiting for something to finish.

1 Like

WeirdAnxiousDrongo-small

1 Like

Sounds like the makings of another project for the mpcnc. "Computer screen dart shield "

AI tracking Dart Blocker.

2 Likes

Mini coreXY dart predicting unit

This guy…

2 Likes

Planning phase- moving into a new house next week. Has a woodworking shop already in the basement, 2 sections. 1 is 17x17 plus ‘closet’ cubbies that PO used as table saw and power tools, and another 23x30 for storage, hand tools dust collection etc

I’m keeping the 17x17 and converting the other part to a hang out area for our family. Here’s why I have planned for the shop-

That’s a 6x4 lowrider in the corner, and a 3d printer electronics bench next to it. LR2 on a folding “Trimble” inspired table. My “additive and subtractive manufacturing area”

2 Likes

Your proposed shop looks like a pretty good ‘hang out’ area to me! :grin:

2 Likes

Tom, that looks great, lot’s of fun toys in your shop.

Lol my Shiba Inu / Rat Terrier mix loves to drop heavy things on feet and heads :smiley:

Loving the slab action and the dart board in the shed :+1:

Yeah I bought one of those cheap Amazon Home Chainsaw Mills for $20. Thought if I could at least source my own lumber it might offset all the other stuff I keep buying to feed this hobby.

1 Like