lil update & Another Server upgrade....

Chrome on Android doesn’t like the new site. Can’t click the menu icon to get to any of the sections.

Shoot. That is what I’m using and it seems to work perfectly both logged in or not. I’ll see if I can test it with all the phones I can get my hands on.

I’m having same problem on LG phone with android and chrome. It worked fine for first few days after site was reworked. Then it started showing an"a" for the menu icon but it still worked. Then it started only working if I was logged in but still showed letters instead of icons and icons on bottom of page were Chinese characters. Now even when logged in tje main navigation icons show as icons but don’t work at all when clicking. Only way for me to get to forum is to enter /forum after the main site address in the address bar. I’ve tried clearing cache on phone and rebooting but it only brought the ucons back not their functionality.
But despite this I love the new site and improvements to the forum!

Any better now? I just ran all the new updates.

There was a huge update yesterday, and today there was minor updates.

Hey! That got it, but I just found another issue. Chrome on my desktop autoprieviews web links. Firefox does not. Not sure if it’s just me though.

looks like the forums are counted in the page views now! 12,000 views a day, wowzers.

Just checking in.

Still need to figure out the bug Barry found and reorganize the forums.

For the reorganizing I don;t think this will work anymore.

Help:
– Assembly
– Troubleshooting
– Usage # Formally “Getting Started”

Builds and Things Built:
– MPCNC Builds
– MP3DP Builds
– Projects
– Tips and Techniques # Maybe pull the few Cut speed posts into here?

Development:
– Hardware
– Software

Updates

Random or Off Topic

International:
– French
– Spanish
– Swahili 

I/we will have 3 machines very soon and it could get ugly. Should I make 3 different main forums with duplicate content trees? MPCNC, MP3DP, lowrider in each one of those have the same basic tree like above?

“I/we will have 3 machines very soon and it could get ugly. Should I make 3 different main forums with duplicate content trees? MPCNC, MP3DP, lowrider in each one of those have the same basic tree like above?”

My 5¢ (damn inflation)

Machines:

– MPCNC Builds
-– Assembly
-– Troubleshooting
-– Usage # Formally “Getting Started”

– MP3DP Builds
-– Assembly
-– Troubleshooting

- Low Rider
-– Assembly
-– Troubleshooting

Projects / What are you making?
  Could also be split up, but could be mashed together.

Tips and Techniques # Maybe pull the few Cut speed posts into here?
- Feeds and Speeds
    Would probably work for both CNCs.
- Filament settings
    Not sure about this one.

Development:
– Hardware
– Software
Updates
Random or Off Topic
International:
– French
– Spanish
– Swahili

I think assembly and troubleshooting end up being the same thing so swap out assembly for Builds? Ohhh no I like the way you have it, builds as the main category…nice. Is usage kinda the same as troubleshooting or more of an advice, like what bit or speed do you recommend for this project?

Machines:

– MPCNC Builds
– MPCNC Projects (projects that used mainly the MPCNC)
-– Advice
-– Troubleshooting

Machines:

-MPCNC Builds
–MPCNC Projects (projects that used mainly the MPCNC)
–Advice
–Troubleshooting
–Hardware Development

-MP3DP Builds
–MP3DP Projects (projects that used mainly the MP3DP)
–Advice
–Troubleshooting
–Hardware Development

-LowRider Builds
–LowRider Projects (projects that used mainly the LowRider)
–Advice
–Troubleshooting
–Hardware Development

Software development

Updates

International:
– French
– Spanish
– Swahili

Random or Off Topic

I think that looks good. I personally prefer the combined projects space, especially because they can often use either machine or sometimes multiple machines.

Alright, cool. I think we are getting close.

Yea, I like the combined project space as well. Gives you ideas for other machine projects without having to go dig for them.

I vote for having a combined Projects, I visualize projects that use more than one machine, for instance making an MP3DP really uses both a 3D printer and a router so a similar project might feature both the MP3DP and the MPCNC. It’d be worthwhile to encourage that type of mixed project. (Hmm, use the Low Rider to build a really big MP3DP? I could print a ride-able drone.)

Okay, how is it so far?

The new forum layout missing anything?

Styling it is difficult I found a great plugin but when it is on I can’t edit things on the administrator side, so I can’t use it. I have been scrounging CSS tweaks and using them in a child theme.

Still browsing but so far it looks good. I like the categorized layout.

Wow, you’ve been a busy boy! Looking good so far, I’ll do more wading tonight.

So, is there a clean way to handle posts new since you last read each section? Either with clicking the link takes you to the first unread, clicking on the time since last post takes you to the first unread, or highlighting the titles of each unread post? Right now I have to sort of remember when I read last, click on the time sin ce last post display then scroll backwards to figure out where I left off. Not un-doable with the current complexity but getting tougher.

I really like the organization of the forums.

When posting on Android/Chrome, the text box is too large to fit on the screen. Not the worst thing, but in case you wanted to know.

Thanks.

The forums seem to have the only issues left. bbpress seems to be the root of it all, looking for a good plugin, I know I am not the only one with these issues. The most recent threads, the spacing issue on the login box(fixed with some css), spacing on the mobile forums, and I really want to get the embeds working again. I liked having the vids and links show up but they over lap for some reason. So I am slowly trying to figure out more css…but I’d rather be making a mess in the garage.