Lockdown inspiration

We are many people, all over the globe, that are staying at home under lockdown because of Covid-19. I guess many of us are spending some time fiddling with their machines to make time pass. I don’t have anything to show other than having (temporarily) finalized my setup. So now I’m reading for getting creative and messy. My only specific plan is to make signs for the kids room, and to have them parttake in the making. Perhaps making them write their names, and carving that text on a sign - and letting them paint it. We shall se.

I made this thread hoping that there are others of you that have neat ideas to share! Please do!

1 Like

So far I came up with a bracelet to 3D print with their names on them and uses gt2 belt scraps as the actual “chain”…CNC stuff is for when they are really bored (and we all wear ear protection and can’t hear each other)!

2 Likes

Zipper name tags has been a winner in this house!

A modified version of this: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3232726

4 Likes

This may be US-centric, and not leveraging CNC, but my wife and daughter have decided to try out Bob Ross-style painting to stave off Covid-19 cabin fever. I spent Monday night making them each an easel, and they did their first paintings last night. (I don’t have their permission to share or I would post photos.)

My goal is to get parts printed this week so I can start assembling my MPCNC with the parts ordered from V1 and due to arrive today.

6 Likes

You will for sure forget about the whole covid19 affair, when you are about to dive into the MPCNC assembling! Perfect timing. Hopefully the necessary shops will be open for you.

1 Like

Yep, we want photos! Yay artwork!

You could even post photos of the easels. Yay craftsmanship!

3 Likes

I ordered a DIGGRO Alpha 3 3D printer today (I was browsing and Amazon offered me a $50.00 off coupon, who could resist? ;o)) and as soon as I figure it out the printing of MPCNC parts begins. May as well have a machine running while I’m watching YouTube videos trying to get up to speed with CAD/CAM software and other things.

3 Likes

They signed the release. Easels are from a instructional video by Draw Mix Paint. Built both in about 2 hours.

Our daughter followed along pretty closely and did what I think is a great job.

Her mother followed her own inspiration and delivered a more abstract piece.

7 Likes

Thanks for sharing!

WHOAAA I would hang either one of those up for sure!
We did sidewalk chalk…Should rain in the next few days, then we will see how our stuff is in the abstract phase.

3 Likes

Those all sound like great art projects. I mentioned in another thread that I have assembled and am flying the flitetest mini trainer RC plane. There are some soccer fields nearby that are unusually empty, except for the racing quads and RC airplanes. :slight_smile:. Today we made paper airplanes and brought them too.

We made an update to sandify, which can also make some fun pen (or even carvings, if you dare) drawings with a cnc machine.

I also have a goal to figure out this whole table top simulator to try and play some board games with some buddies of mine.

1 Like

I’m not so sure about it being all that abstract though. I’d name it what it is.

“Riding shotgun”, in the desert, in a blue jeep…

…with Donald Duck. It’s totally obvious.