Lowrider 2 Build in Basque Country

Hi all,

First of all thanks Ryan for the design of the LR2, I’m very excited about this project and the posibilites of having a CNC at last. Indeed, this is my first important project in my workshop, and I have to tell you that I’m a little bit nervous whit this project.

I have every part ready to the assembly process, and I hope to have the LR2 ready in few weeks. My idea is to send to this forum pictures of my steps, and maybe with time, of my designs in wood.

Thanks again!

Cheers.

Iñaki.

1 Like

Sweet!

If that is steel lined belt do not use it, get the right stuff.

1 Like

I thought they would work the same way… I’ve already bought the correct belts. Thanks for the warning!

1 Like

Hi all,

the Low Rider 2 is assembled and waiting for the new Mini-Rambo to make the first tests. I am very happy with how it slides, it is a really great design!

2 Likes

You might want to come up with some sort of strap to keep the yplates and Z axis together while hanging, you might have already killed those couplers. The springs will really perform poorly during a cut.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice Ryan! Yes, I will use two straps to hold those parts together. And, just in case, I bought a couple more of couplers.

Next weekend the first tests! well, at least I hope so…

At last! the new board Mini-Rambo works fine. I’m looking forward to make designs and cut woods!

2 Likes