Lowrider Cabinet Clearance

Hi all,

I am working on designing a table (~ 30"x55") and cabinet for a lowrider. The plan is a torsion box on top of cabinets. There are three dimensions I am not sure of. Any recommendations? I’m not even sure if the overhang B is required. For A and C, I’m assuming it isn’t symmetrical with the controls on one side.

Any other suggestions? My goal is to keep it as clean as possible as its in a finished space, so any suggestions on hiding cabling and hoses would be great!

Thanks!!

2 Likes

B can be about an inch, table can’t be any taller than 4 inches thick. A and C don’t matter, whatever floats your boat.

What if I want A to be the minimum distance possible?

Likewise, for C, if I wanted the CNC to not extend past C, what’s the minimum distance?

Thanks again!

It’s like a half inch, ish.

I dont know the exact dimension but it looks like what youre asking is represented in this picture

This is the diameter of the tube plus a little gap plus the thickness of the plate and the stickout of the motor.

But i think the motor mounts on the inside, so the total stickout of the motor is not dependent on the plate thickness. Overall about 70mm perhaps? I’d have to take some measurements off the models to be sure.

1 Like

I meant for A and C (which I assume isn’t 1/2” :laughing: )

Heh, I read gud. I’d leave about 8 inches. You need room to work on stuff, belts and whatnot. I think I’ve got about a foot of space, wish I had more on the back end, it’s a tight squeeze to get to the far corner.

Just took measurements on my table. The Y motor sticks out about 3.5" from the edge of the table (A). The lower z roller comes in about 1.25" from the edge of the table (B). I’d still leave some extra room. And as Barry mentioned you’ll have to have a way to get behind the table to work on the belts. As for C I can’t say, my controls aren’t mounted to the gantry.

2 Likes

Thanks!!