Lowrider CNC hotwire with dual endstops

Hello everyone, I would like to build a hot wire CNC machine based on the Lowrider CNC V1. I would like to use dual endstops on both axes. So I need a board with 4 motor drivers. For my MPCNC I currently use an Arduino Uno with the CNC V3 Shield (without end stops). In principle, the CNC Shield V3 offers 4 motor drivers (X / Y / Z / A). Would it be theoretically possible to configure them as X1 / X2 / Z1 / Z2 and which CAD / CAM program could I use? I look forward to your ideas!

Not with the uno. With a mega and mega GRBL X5 maybe unless there is a new version of GRBL for the uno only 3 drivers at a time. O. The mega version with a ramps board can do 5 driver . A rambo may be comparable also

FWIW, you really don’t need dual endstops. As soon as the motors move, they will always move in lockstep. The only time a dual endstop machine moves them independently is when homing.

So you can jist place some blocks, push the gantry against them, and then travel away from them under motor power and it will stay square.

You’ll need something like the full sized rambo to do dual endstops. Almost any board (including 2 axis plotter ones) can drive two axis.

Well… If he wanted to get really crazy, and actually drive them independently (remove the Y axis altogether, and rig something up to allow the hot wire to span the distance between the tops of the towers), he’d need four drivers. And some crazy CAM skills. But that would allow for carving some complex (albeit mostly convex) curves in foam. Like airfoils that taper along multiple axis…