Lowrider with different pipe size

Hello,

I’m french, so i’m sorry but my english is crap. But i can read it with no problem.

I’m volunteer in an cooperating Art institution.

I’m working on the posibitiy to build a big CNC for big wood pannels. I found a very large stock of steel tubes who’s laying around for years.
So i wondering if it’s possible to build a lowrider with it.
I don’t know the in and out diameters of the tubes, but i’m pretty shure it’s not standart outside europe.

My question is simple : is 3D print part are available in an editable files ? I only found STL files, witch is a pain to modify.
I anybody have ever try to do a simular project?

Thank you very much for any help

No. The two tube sizes are 25mm or 25.4mm outside diameter for the low rider. Ryan doesn’t release the CAD files (for many good reasons, but I digress). He has said before that they aren’t easy to modify for different diameter tubes, and the different versions are very separate (It isn’t just parametric).

1 Like

Still better than some of the native English speakers I’ve read!

3 Likes

Just an fyi. I live in florida. We have Lowes Home Depot and Ace Hardware. All the metal conduit pipes here are 1 inch or 25.4 mm inside diameter. I found a .75 inch conduit with a 1.05 outside diameter. The extra .05 inch caused major issues. Thought briefly about modifying the stl for the bridge between the rods in something like 3d builder but ended up using a steel closet rod that had an exact outside diameter of 1 inch.
I found that many curtain closet and shower rods here have an exact od of 1 inch

Martin

Hello,

We bougth 25mm OD since we cant work on the design properly.

For an update maybe…

Sorry about that

1 Like

@bogdahn, le voiçi est peut-être utile (ou bien trop tard ?) : Adjustable bearing block (from 3/4" EMT to 1.25" plain tube). Si t’as des questions, n’hesite pas.