Gents, I picked up a LR2 recently - brand new, decided on the Archim board because I figured my end goal is to run the LR2 to have all three printing abilities - with proper accessories (CNC, Laser, and 3D Print) and not have to switch out boards (maybe a rookie mistake). The LCD is hooked up and the LR2 is moving nicely/correct manually. Sure makes the kids excited to watch the “Robot” do it’s movements.
So this last weekend, I am attempting to get to the part where I run the crown test - but I am not sure if I have done things the right way - step 1, step 2, etc. to know if I have done all I can do to ensure it works right. So here goes the steps I followed:
- Connected USB from SurfacePro laptop to Archim board - then powered up the LR2
- Downloaded Repetier
- Followed the set up screens for printer preferences
- Clicked - Connect - and got error message - “Cannot locate COM6” and “Recommend to use Repetier Server” - which I saw expressly to not use, so I tried to run through the preferences again - no joy.
- Cleaned up the shop and turned off the lights for the night. (as opposed to saying I now have a very expensive paperweight)
- As I headed to bed - it occurred to me that I might be able to forego the USB connection and just use an SD card and run the LR2 this way.
- Tonight (Wednesday, May 20, 2020) - going to set up my small 4GB SD card, FAT32 formatted, bring down the linked crown file and see if this will pull up on the LCD controller.
- A purple pen is hooked up and at the ready!
All these steps to see if there are any out there who see any mis-steps or steps I need to prioritize before trying the SD card route.