Manual control problems

This is probably a stupid question but when I am manually moving my cnc with repitear host or cncjs the program won’t let me move below 0. So how can I move down to my stock to set the zero position if it won’t let me move there.

Dual endstops firmware prevents you from moving below zero and the solution is to home, which is basically required. The alternative is to disengage steppers (M84) or power off the machine and physically drag it to the left.

There is also an option to disable this limit if you are willing to recompile the firmware.

In Z or just X, Y?

The dual endstop firmware has softstops enabled for x and y. You can disable them with gcode… M121? M112? I forget.

the same thing happens in all 3 axis but the problem is z. I don’t have the dual end stops firmware I just have basic marlin.

Hmmm. That should definitely let you travel negative. Did you configure the firmware yourself? Maybe you have the softstops enabled?

I have an archim2 (because the rambo was out of stock) and the only firmware I could get working without changing it was the one that came with it. would softstops be enabled by default because it is built for 3d printers?

I don’t know what the default is. I think Ryan flashes it though. His firmware should have them turned off, but no one is perfect. Can you tell if it was flashed by v1?

I didn’t buy my board from v1 engineering but I went on the firmware file and found the soft stop part I changed it from this
#define min_software_endstops true // If true, axis won’t move to coordinates less than HOME_POS.

#define max_software_endstops true // If true, axis won’t move to coordinates greater than the defined lengths below.

// @section machine

// Travel limits after homing (units are in mm)

#define X_MIN_POS 0

#define Y_MIN_POS 0

#define Z_MIN_POS 0

#define X_MAX_POS 200

#define Y_MAX_POS 200

#define Z_MAX_POS 200

to this
#define min_software_endstops false // If true, axis won’t move to coordinates less than HOME_POS.

#define max_software_endstops true // If true, axis won’t move to coordinates greater than the defined lengths below.

// @section machine

// Travel limits after homing (units are in mm)

#define X_MIN_POS -508

#define Y_MIN_POS -770

#define Z_MIN_POS -200

#define X_MAX_POS 508

#define Y_MAX_POS 770

#define Z_MAX_POS 200

But it still won’t work

I had some issues with repetier host like that. Super frustrating to use. Never got past it, just started powering up at the very bottom of travel.

I got it working with negative Z the changes to the code I made did work. I changed it in the configurator file but it didn’t change the Arduino file that I used to re flash the firmware so I just had to do the same changes in the Arduino IDE and re flash and now I can do negative Z in repetier host.

1 Like