Manually fire Laser

I have a Low Rider 2 that I just put a Jtech 14 watt laser on. Laser works great when I run gcode, but the laser on off in the lcd menu doesn’t work. Is there any way to fire the laser manually from the lcd controller? I have a Rambo 1.4 board and I am running the latest firmware.

I just upgraded (again) yesterday to the latest V1 Marlin release. I tested the Laser menu items just now, and the results are inconsistent. Sometimes the menu didn’t work, sometimes it worked, more often than not, it flashes the laser on and then goes off. There was a rewrite of the laser code incorporated in the latest V1 Marlin release, and apparently the Laser menu is buggy. As part of this new code, a new laser safety timeout was added, which makes my next suggestion more complex.

You can write g-code to turn the laser on for a specified amount of time and save it on the SD card. You would then have to run that file to turn the laser on. See this topic for the code Kyle found to work around the safety timeout.

1 Like

Hum upgrading to the new firmware seems to be a no go for a laser usage…

Hmm, I was just about to upgrade because I want to enable the Esp01s pins for wifi/BT, but I’m also working on installing my laser.

Running the laser from a g-code file works. It is only manually turning the laser on using the laser menu that is inconsistent.

1 Like