Mirrored Text

So, I have been playing with this corexy build i am working on and output some text from sandify to test out. I have my y and x endstops set up like mark rolands builds. y hits first in my case. All directions work as I expect with the pendant control and homing all works well too.
The text comes out mirrored though. I attempted the masking for direction and it never acts correctly that way. When I hit x or y positive, it goes in the direction I expect. Cannot think of why it is mirrored on everything that runs. Almost as if the table is upside down with the “bit” cutting from above. if that makes any sense.

Any suggestions on what to try?

well, I think I am going to have to do something different. I have no idea how he was able to get the homing to work correctly but, I think I need to just add the x endstop to the carriage and have it home first.
I was going to y 0 first and then moving the x to the right and hitting on that side. So, coordinates of 0,0 would show as lower right side. It is acting lik an upside down cnc now. I was treating 0,0 as all positive and it would have to be all negative x movements to work. duh.

I would still like to know how mark was able to home and correctly output code without the mirroring.

And again, I think I solved this one with the original setup but swapping the x and y endstops and changing my table to seem as if it is wider than longer and setting that wider section as x and the shorter as y. I guess it actually makes more sense this way because it is a table. The only thing that would not be that direction is if you are at a pinball machine or the head of the table.

I also had to reverse homing direction using $23=3

If you stand so the endstops are at the lower left, +X goes right and +Y goes way from you. If you don’t have that, then chances are good the image will be flipped.

thanks. my endstops are set up like mark roland. They are attached on the a and b motors. I just reoriented my thinking on the table. I was trying to do something that could not work because of the endstop setup. it now acts correct.

on a side note. I wonder if something like this project https://github.com/lavolpecheprogramma/gcode-context
could be incorporated into sandify? someone could doodle something in the browser.

1 Like

That’s pretty neat. I want to somehow make a little drawing box, but I haven’t found the time. I do already have plenty of gcode tools, so I would just need something to make the vertices in a drawing. I think the structure of the code has actually moved forward enough to make this pretty easy. I will have to check that out.

That would be pretty awesome. While looking into motion systems for this, a couple of weeks ago, I saw that jj robots had a white board plotter that they have set up a web service for. It seems to be subscription based and I gave up on it as soon as I saw that. However, it made me think that it is possible to accomplish at least. The iBoardbot > jjrobots
I will play with the code to see what I can do with it. If I can find time in the near future.