MKS Touchscreen

I have a spare 2.8" MKS TFT touchscreen, would this work if connected to the mini Rambo? I remember this connects to the AUX port on the board, so I am still able to have the smart LCD controller if I wanted to.

Has anyone tried this?[attachment file=“Screenshot_101.png”]

Those connectors in the pic look like the same ones that come with the LCD screen that Ryan sells to connect to the MiniRambo. I would think it would connect to the same place on the board so you wouldn’t be able to have both connected. The only thing that could be an issue is control signals and such considering that it is for a Ramps based board (but I’m far from an expert on that).

In doing a quick look through the website, I would think as long as you have your Marlin software setup properly it should work? Since you already have it - why not try it?

Yeah I’ll give it a shot when I get the electronics on the machine. This screen has only one cable and when I had this connected (to the MKS Gen L), it was hooked up to the AUX on the board and I fainly remember the baud rate had to match for it to work.

Interesting about the 1 cable - I was just going off of the pic which has two. Let us know if it works - could be a nice upgrade!

I’d definitely be interested to know how this works out and the configuration.

Does the mini Rambo have an AUX port?? I’ll have to have a look

There’s a serial header right next to the endstops, looks promising.

AFAIK these touch screens can’t show the job progress at the moment, let alone show the marlin menu, so they are no complete replacement. I expect jogging to be easier with them vs a rotary knob though.

That’s pretty much the only (main) reason I would like to use it for, to make jogging quicker and easier.

V1Pi is a better option in my opinion.

Ryan what’s the baud rate set in marlin? 115200 or 250000?

1 Like

?

@solly747 did you make it work?