Motherboard

Just take it back a step. It is not that hard when you have very experinced people guiding you. We can easily get you going. I have step by step flashing instructions, then you just finish building it.

On the other hand if this is discouraging to you CAD and CAM also take a little work to use so you decide if you want help and have a cool machine or throw in the towel before you get started. We are all here to help but if you do not want it that is fine.

Just to let you know there is no machine available, commercial or other wise you just plug it in and go.

This price, import tax and conversion rate included is by far the lowest you can possibly get. Returning it will not get your fees back. I understand it is a lot of money but understand I can not possibly sell it for less. You have brought it up 3-4 times, I have the price clearly marked, a note about import fees before you pay and discounted international shipping (cost I cover). I do not feel I have been deceptive about pricing in any way, if you feel otherwise please let me know and I will fix it.

1 Like

I didn’t ask you to. If you are not comfortable making a series wiring harness as I said we can get you going as is.

I didn’t say anything about you not covering shipping fees. Or that i could get another cnc machine cheaper or plug and play. I am just getting frustrated with what i have to do and get. I would think i will have to get a different wire harness now. So that is going to take 2 more weeks. I started this back in December. Saved some money to get the kit. Than saved some more for the control board and bits. I am retired.

1 Like

There is some significant learning involved to get there. I understand you haven’t found it easy, but you’re climbing a steep learning curve. You can turn back, take the loss, or we’ll climb it with you. I can’t be in the room with you, but we have helped people with no electronics experience flash new software before.

Here is where I think you are:

• You have the dual endstop wiring harness.
  • Your rambo has the serial firmware.
  • You don’t want to connect endstops.

So, to me, the clear way forward is to replace the firmware on the board with the dual endstop version. If you do that, you will not have to even connect the endstops, but you will be able to use the wiring harness you already have to connect the motors and build your machine.

Flashing the firmware is intimidating, but the board is there, the instructions are right, and it is really hard to break anything while flashing. It may be a short trip to get this part working. We can help.

After that. There is still a significant hill ahead of you. The build steps, the CAD, CAM, job running is all skilled work. We can help. The docs can help. But ultimately, it is a lot of work.

It’s your call.

I get that it is frustrating to have this mismatch, and to deal with imports, currency conversions, and shipping delays. That sucks, and I take that for granted being a short USPS trip away.

I had so much trouble flashing the other 3 boards i got off Amazon because i couldn’t get it from ryan. I don’t think I would try this one

If you give it a shot from my instructions and we can’t get you going I will still take it back. I really think it is worth a shot. I had to learn all of this as well, Jeff is the best teacher ever and I have done it a million times. Between us and the rest of the forums I have very high odds says we get you working. In the process we will get to know you a bit and the next hurdle will be even easier to overcome.

On that note

There is nothing before or after that perhaps, 414, or 425?

Ok Ryan i will try to get it going with help from jeff. Also I will look and see what is on the screen. Not sure if there is 414 or 425.

Also you said that i would have to learn CAD CAM. I have been learning how to use Easel and i think i got the hang of that program.

I don’t know if Easel works with Marlin.

The instructions for flashing are here:

https://docs.v1engineering.com/electronics/marlin-firmware/

Here is a link to the firmware from github:

https://github.com/Allted/Marlin/archive/V1CNC_Rambo_Dual.zip

If something doesn’t look right, let us know.

1 Like

Jeff. I don’t know if Easel works with Marlin.

If Easel doesn’t work with marlin. What program should i use

Well i am stuck right off the bat. Because i had this program on before it comes up like this all the time. I tried to uninstall and delete it but still the same. Plus can’t find rambo board. See pictures

Just a hiccup.

So at this point you have already installed the u8glib? That is bullet point number 6 in the flashing.

Step 7 and 8 need to happen before what you are doing.

Yes u8glib is installed.

These are the key steps to getting rambo to show up:

• File- Preferences

pic

• In “additional boards manager url” paste https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ultimachine/ArduinoAddons/master/package_ultimachine_index.json Hit “ok”

pic

I tried platformoi but there was no check mark at the bottom to click. So not sure what is going on

Stick with arduino.

1 Like

One step at a time and we can get you there.

Ok it was stuck in the other board. I deleted the http file from before. Put in new one. Got rambo board and now it is starting to upload new file

2 Likes