Move below zero with lcd

I have just recently completed my low rider build and I’m learning how to use the machine. I have the SKR board with the TFT screen from the V1 shop. It was straightforward to figure out how to move the machine via the screen, but I can only move it in the positive direction from the location when I power on. It won’t go past zero when moving with the controls on the LCD. Is there a way to make it move to a negative position using the arrow controls? I tried issuing the command to disable software endstops that I use with my printer, but that didn’t help.

Did you flash the screen or skr board?

The “soft stops” usually are what keep it from moving negative. But I don’t think they are active until you home.

I flashed the screen just the other day but the problem persisted. I used the package for the TFT linked from the docs.

I do appreciate the updated icons in the firmware. It’s a small thing, but it’s nice to hit “cut” instead of “print”

Did you flash the skr pro?

No. That still has the firmware that was preinstalled (I bought both with kit from V1 shop)

You need to flash both the LCD and Board separately as shown here.
https://docs.v1engineering.com/electronics/skrpro/

The boards now come with a little note to “flash” them to the style you want.

This solved my problem. I should have started by flashing the firmware, but I had it in my brain that it was pre-flashed. When I first flashed the controller I could only move the machine via the knob/Marlin interface, but I re-flashed the screen firmware after the controller was set and now both interfaces are working as expected. Thanks so much for your help.

2 Likes

Sorry for the confusion. Jeff made me some little notes to drop in each box as a stop gap until I can figure out a faster way to flash that screen. From now on I will put one in each box, so it is more clear. When we get some sort of all clear for Covid I can hopefully bring in someone a few hours a week to help with stuff like this.

1 Like

I picked up the SKR Por set from V1, saw no note in the box. What do I need to do? I have it set up and no end stops. The z axis wont go negative, the Axis don’t seem to have the correct Steps. when I sent a G0 Y500 it only goes about 300 but the the TfT say Y200.00 and it wont go any further… I figured it’s the wrong firmware , but when I flash the firmware from here V1CNC_SkrPro_2209-2.0.7.2-src.zip, the file is renamed to .CUR but the TfT shows No Printer attached and nothing works. When I flashed the original firmware that came in the SD card it works again but with the previous results.

any help would be greatly appreciated

I don’t have an SKR Pro, but based on other topics on the forum, I suspect you need to flash the TFT. V1CNC_SkrPro_2209-2.0.7.2-src.zip is the firmware for the SKR Pro. The TFT has separate firmware. There are instructions at the bottom of this topic for flashing the TFT.

Note that by holding down the control knob down, you can put the TFT into Marlin mode. This takes the TFT firmware out of the equations and allows you to see if you have real issues with your setup or if the TFT firmware is at fault.

2 Likes

Okay it was that I did understand how to correctly upgrade the firmware on the tft. Once I figured that out the rest worked just fine. Successfully ran the crown test today both with a pen and then engraved it in foam with the Dwalt 660

1 Like