MP3DP Frame

Wow, that looks really nice. I’m jealous.

Thanks man, I still have a lot of work to do to make them look really good. I would have been better off to wait so I could have used the shopbot instead of the laser, but it’s cool. I like the look of this frame. Now I just have to find the epoxy. I’m getting excited to see the plastic on it so after dinner I’ll run down and get some screws. And Probably start ordering my parts to make it run.

I still need the bed plate but I figured I’d just make it out of MDF on the shopbot.

CLose up of the joints. I really dont understand why there’s such a big gap… Unless the laser cut’s on the line instead of to the outside of it. Which I don’t even know if I can control that.

Make sure whatever you lay it on when you’re glueing is flat. Those cuts look pretty good. I think lasers only cut on the line, so joints like this need designed for the kerf.

Hi,
I’m new here. I am in the process of printing out the parts for this 3D printer. I’m having trouble making the frame for it. I do not have a mill or laser cutter to make the frame parts. So I want to print the dxf files so I can trace the onto the boards to cut with a jigsaw or scroll saw. I do not know how to print them. I’ve tried to convert them to pdf but all the parts when printed come out huge. Like the front rail is like 83 inches long. I do not know how that happened. If someone could please help me out with that I would appreciate it very much. I think this will be a very nice addition to my printing. I’m also going to make the MPCNC. Please let me know.
Thanks
Dave

Dave,

Are you using inkscape to convert the file to PDF?

If so you need to make sure your document setting are Inches. I did a 14x14 work area, pulled the dxf into the page. Then save to pdf. Then print the pdf. I just tried to make sure and the y frame wants to print on 3 sheets of paper.

Do you have a makerspace near you?