Mpcnc kit

is the primo kit that is shown in the picture include everything besides conduit and router and control board(out of stock)?

Depending if you select to include the printed parts, belts, motor wiring kits. The kit itself comes with all of the bolts and pulleys and bearings from what I can see. I personally have never bought any of the kits as I sourced the parts partly from this store and partly from Amazon.

You need the following things 1) The default hardware in the kit, 2) a control board, 3) 3D printed parts that either you print or purchase from V1, 4) conduit or tubing, 5) plywood or MDF to mount the CNC on and to use as spoil boards, and 6) a router or other device to use with the machine. If you are building it bigger that around 2’ x 2’, you will need a longer length of belt and you may need to extend the wires to the steppers (and the endstops if you have dual endstops).

1 Like

With the 25.4mm printed kit being the only 1 available what size pipe do i need for that 1’’ od?
he explicitly states 1’’ conduit doesnt work.

You are looking for 1" tubing for the current Primo parts. Pipe and conduit are generally measured by the inside diameter. Tubing is measured by the outside diameter. All the Primo builds I see on the Forum are using either stainless steel 1" tubing or 1" DOM tubing. Ryan is hinting that his next set of parts might be for 1" conduit. If so, it will be interesting to see how 29.5mm conduit compares to 25.4mm stainless steel tubing.

Not quite true. At least, I hope not. Ryan has released the 25mm 'F’oreign version of the Primo files to go along with the 1"/25.4mm 'J’umbo files. Now he’s waffling over going big with a new set of parts: 29.5mm 'M’ammoth for 1" EMT, or keep his existing base happy and push out a set of 24.5mm 'C’onduit files for 3/4" EMT…

Considering the nominal difference in cost for 1" conduit as opposed to 3/4" conduit, I’d go for 1". As long as there is a noticeable rigidity increase. That’s just my 2 cents.

Ah, but that’s only if you haven’t already bought and cut the EMT in anticipation. :slight_smile:

Use it for something else, the 1" would still be worth it.

1 Like

It is only aprox 7 dollars for 10 foot for 3/4and 11 for 1 inch by new 1 inch and use the 3/4 for gardening stakes it’s cheaper

I’ve never looked into 1" conduit. I take it the surface finish is good enough?

Give your tomatoes a little metallic flavor.:tomato:

2 Likes

I thought F meant “Finest measurements system there is”

If that’s what it takes to make you feel better… But if you need that, then maybe don’t turn on the news anytime in the next, say, 8-16 months… :wink:

1 Like

It’s actually, For countries that haven’t sent a man to the moon.

3 Likes

I know what it actually means. It means le French way.

1 Like

That’s where the red comes from

Oh the iron-y.

1 Like

Or the oxiey color enhancer