MPCNC Rebuild '21

I built the first one back in Oct 2016 and upgraded the Z-assembly at some point along the way. So 5 years later, I managed to snap some of the parts and decided to do a full makeover.

MPCNC Before!..

And Reborn!

I’ve also upgraded (?!?!) the firmware to Marlin 2.0.9.2 and tuned up my movements; everything checks out.

The one thing I’m not enjoying is trying to find how to re-enable the Fan Speed section of the LCD controller. It’s not there and I need it to test fire the laser when I line up my line lasers to do a burn. Any suggestions on where to go for that?

1 Like

You could add that to the custom menu. It would end up as just buttons like “fan 2%” and “fan off”. But I thought the fan was still enabled in the screen. I can try it in a few hours (my printer is busy, ATM) to see if I can find it.

Thanks, the Custom menu sounds promising, I’ll see what I can find. Just checked again and it’s not enabled in my menus.

Edit: That was ridiculously easy, thanks for pointing me in the right direction. For anyone else interested, I ended up adding these lines to the Custom Menu setup in Configuration_adv.h:

#define MAIN_MENU_ITEM_4_DESC "Laser Fire"
  #define MAIN_MENU_ITEM_4_GCODE "M106 S1"
  //#define MAIN_MENU_ITEM_4_CONFIRM

#define MAIN_MENU_ITEM_5_DESC "Laser Off"
  #define MAIN_MENU_ITEM_5_GCODE "M107"
  //#define MAIN_MENU_ITEM_5_CONFIRM

#define MAIN_MENU_ITEM_6_DESC "Laser Full"
  #define MAIN_MENU_ITEM_6_GCODE "M106 S255"
  //#define MAIN_MENU_ITEM_6_CONFIRM