So I’m pressing my old burly back into service for a project I’m working on and decided I need a better table than the sheet of 1/2 MDF I currently have it bolted to. I’m starting with the following design requirements:
- Lightweight and vertically storable. I want to be able to store this hanging on the wall like I have been. Full build should be in the 50lb range and have some kind of handles for lifting.
- Must cut a minimum of 32x12 and be able to feed longer boards.
- Must incorporate a sacrificial fence/square so I can load precut goods into the machine and be able to register their edges.
- Incorporate an under table vice into the design to facilitate vertical work holding for cutting dovetails etc.
- Incorporate a modular drop in centerboard/spoilboard for possible future work.
6.Stow electronics under/in table to minimize dust infiltration.
7.Onboard tool storage for wrenches bit etc. To keep me from losing parts.
- Better work holding (not sure what that means yet but always a goal)
Anyway I’ll post updates as I build but plan to have it done before Xmas.