I didn’t find any Hungarian builds in this forum - I’m not surprised, this is a small country -, so let me be the first one.
I’ve a 3D printer (Ender 5) for a year and I’m proud of myself because at this time I only printed functional parts which were self designed (using Fusion 360). However one thing always bothered me in terms of 3D printing: it just wasn’t enough strong. So I diceded to make a CNC router which - I hope so - will be capable to mill at least aluminium. The planned working area size is 330 x 330 x 70 mm (13 x 13 x 3"). The other thing is that as a computer programmer I was always interested in controlling machines and this will be a good opportunity to do so.
Currently I’m printing the parts which had been sliced by Cura 4.6. I’m following the recommended infill percentage (almost every part has 55%) using 0.2 mm layer height and Cubic infill pattern. My filament is Gembird PLA (black). I’ve already printed more than 40 hours.
In terms of material sourcing the only hard part was to buy a 25 mm diameter tube as it’s not so common here (not to mention the other two sizes which are basically not existent). Fortunately here is a big steel wholesaler in the next city who sold me 6m (20’) precision hydraulic tube with 2 mm (0.078") wall thickness. I expect a lot from this tube as it has maximum 0.03 mm (0.001") error in it’s diameter along it’s entire length. The only drawback is that it isn’t stainless, but I will figure out something to solve this problem.
Parts list with price (shipping included):
- Crown CT13308 straight grinder (12000-27000 RPM, 600W) 13k HUF (38$)
- 2 KG Gembird PLA black filament 13.5k HUF (42$)
- 5 PCS NEMA 17 stepper 0.6 NM torque (84 oz-in) 15k HUF from Germany (46$)
- 53 PCS 608 ZZ bearings from a sport shop which sell it as roller skates bearing replacement 6k HUF (18$)
- Arduino MEGA 2560 clone, RAMPS 1.4 board and 5 PCS DRV8825 (2 for spare) 15,5k HUF (48$)
- 4 PCS GT2 16T Pulley, 4m GT2 belt, T8 Leadscrew and nut, 5mm-8mm coupler 14,5k HUF (45$)
- 6m 25 mm precision tube 8k HUF (25$)
- Nuts and bolts which I didn’t have 1,5k HUF (5$)
- Wires, zip ties, power supply 0 HUF (0$) - I have these
All in all it’s 87k HUF which is 267$.
I’m going to update this topic with the news.