New machine that is not communicating

There are instructions for setting up estlcam. I’m seeing ipm in your screenshot, so I’m guessing something isn’t right.

But before you make your own cam, you should try with the gcode I linked already. If you can’t get that gcode to work, then something else is wrong. You should be able to put that on am sd card, put that in the lcd and print it from the lcd. Nothing you do in CAM is going to help until your machine can pass that test.

No I fixed that. Here is the crown dxf file you gave me.

I am trying to get it to understand but I think something is wrong with the script in arduino or something

Plus I changed every setting to match your tutorial and now the firmware has disappeared from the mini rambo and my cnc box is blank. I am moving backwards.

The only way the screen could disappear is if you are trying to move it with estlcam and that will overwrite my firmware. Do not use “estlcam control”, follow the tutorial for our standard workflow.

So how do I get it back. I tried to flash the board again but now it is telling me my config.h and config.adv.h files are not right and it wont even upload. I am getting frustrated as heck with this thing.

Unzip a fresh copy and everything should be fine.

I seriously need either a)someone else to pipe up on here with another suggestion or b)give better better advice that is more tangible. I have seriously done everything you have said this far and receded in progress.

Let me clarify one more time what I have

1. A CNC Lowrider on steroids that was upgraded to a different gantry with 2 z axis motors, the rest is the original (or so the seller told me)

2. A mini-rambo 1.3b board being ran on Arduino software

3. I have VCarve Desktop Software, but have also tried that garbage Estlecam (or however you spell it) program that has erased my board and it still will not reflash

4. PTSD from 22 years in the military and 7 deployments to not help at all, I am trying my best to be patient. Please help a brother out. Thanks guys.

1. You have someones experiment, It has some old LR parts but it is not "on steroids" it is most certainly a a step backwards. You have have some very smart people here trying to help you get someone else's project working. I know it can be frustrating but we didn't sell that to you and are all helping just because we want to.
  2. Not trying to be difficult but you have a mini, with Marlin firmware. Arduino IDE is a program used to put firmware on it. Being clear should help get you to the goal. I suggest looking through some of the build instructions so maybe the software firmware side of things makes some more sense.
  3. Please, take easy. I am only able to help with "that garbage software", you have a machine we did not design and software we don't recommend and you are getting frustrated and being very negative to the things we all use and LOVE.
  4. Trying. What has the selling been doing to help you?
1 Like

Would it help to just purchase a new board that is better than the mini that will be compatible with vcarve. I also paid for Mach3 but can’t use it with the current setup. If there is a board that will work with those two that will upgrade the machine that is already preloaded I will be more than happy to purchase it.

I am very appreciative of the support this far so please do not take it the wrong way, I am just frustrated. I really want to get to building projects and having a love for it at least equal to those on here.

Not sure what you were asking about the selling question.

Thanks again!

JB

That will make it even more out of the recommended. The mini is a very high quality board, Mach3 is just a different system, that requires a very old computer with a parallel port and external drivers.

What you have should work if the seller of that thing didn’t change too much. Just follow the instructions from flashing the firmware and then using estlcam. It is used and loved by thousands if not tens of thousands of users for nearing 5 years now. You trying to use Vcare puts you in a category with probably 4 other people.

Reflash with a fresh download and fresh unzip, https://www.v1engineering.com/marlin-firmware/

Test as shown on this page, https://www.v1engineering.com/assembly/software/ , You skipped this very important step previously.

uninstall and reinstall estlcam, setup every single box as shown on this page,https://www.v1engineering.com/estlcam-basics/

1 Like

Will do thanks for the suggestion. The seller is doing nothing to help in fact he will no even answer my calls or texts now. I told him when I bought it I was extremely new to this and he demonstrated that it worked to me using his setup, but of course I did not get the laptop that was controlling everything.

He used Vcarve which he gave me but didn’t transfer to me, with CNC G code Controller. I have both of those but the gcode controller would never connect. It recognized the COM3 port but says that it is busy and cannot connect. I will do the steps you said and start over and see what I get. Thanks.

Makes you wonder why he is not answering.

All of that is non standard, and honestly no reason to do it that way. The only reason to stray from my instructions is is you knowing why you are doing it. Once you get the bpard flashed again, the next step is repetier host. Let us know how you get along with flashing.

Again. Start everything fresh, Uninstall and start again. It works, I promise. Just a little more Zen this time around, many of us just ignore frustrated posts.

I am all caught up on troubleshooting emails thanks to jeffeb3 and bill, the mail has already picked up, I am just standing here packing the rest of the days orders, and here to help for a few hours. So if you can, now is a good time to try again.

Still no luck, I will try again tomorrow

I’ll add: This is a place to make friends, not enemies we don’t owe you anything.

I don’t have vcarve. I don’t know how to get it to work. I remember someone making a post processor for it, but I am confident it won’t work at least until you get some gcode running.

One thing I am mot clear about. Did you every successfuly play the crown.gcode? I saw you loading the .dxf into estlcam (which is hard for me to spell too). But I didn’t see confirmation that you were able to run that. You should be able to run that without any computer, just from the screen and an sd card. If you get that far, you are 90% there. If you hit a snag, we can really focus on the parts involved.

1 Like

The key to getting good help is reporting good information.

1. What did you try?

2. What happened?

3. What failed?

1 Like

Getting a board to flash is one of the easier issue we can help with remotely. So with the answer to the post above this we can get you to the next step.

I uninstalled everything and started fresh with the downloads. Once I got the marlin firmware into the Arduino it says that I am running an old copy and need to update the config.h and config_adv.h even though it was the same one I had working 2 days ago.

Edit: I tried both 1.1.8 and Marlin 2.0 same for both

I don’t use the RamBo board so I can’t really help you on that, but maybe you can try to contact the seller again and offer to pay him a fair price (in money, in beers, whatever he agrees on) to come and spend a few hours getting things running on your machine.

I think that would probably be the best way to do it, that is if he agrees of course, which doesn’t seem like a done deal.

Also, don’t hesitate to post us as many pictures, videos, whatever information you can. It is very hard to try to guess other people’s problems, so instead of spending time trying to get this thing working, maybe try to spend a larger part of this time describing us in the most precise possible way what is going on. One thing is for sure: the people who got the best help here were the ones who were doing that and they all got their problems sorted :slight_smile:

I know it can be very, very frustrating and it also pisses me off when something doesn’t work and I don’t understand why, but we always find a way to solve it, either by cooling down and having a good night of sleep, or with the help of our friends here.

1 Like

https://www.v1engineering.com/marlin-firmware/

Step by step on this page. let us know what step if failed at and post a screen shot of the error. What you just said was a mix up of several different things that do not belong together.

You should have arduino installed but not open. You should have a fresh unzip MY files from my github page (you should not have a 1.1.8 or 2.0 option whatsoever). https://github.com/Allted/Marlin/archive/MPCNC_MRambo_T8_16T_LCD.zip Clicking on the .ino file will open arduino by itself.

I agree 100% and am not looking to make enemies, I apologize for letting my frustration get the better of me. I am committed to getting this thing running.

I do not have an SD card slot that I am aware of. Atleast on the control box that he built. I am only trying to use the vcarve because that is what he showed me how to use when he did the demo and that is the only thing that he used when it worked perfectly fine.

I will start fresh in the morning and take a bunch of pics to post as I progress and stop when I get stuck and wait. Thanks again for everything and your patience with me.

3 Likes