New printer time?

I didn’t change orientation of any .stl files before exporting, I just rotated in PrusaSlicer. It was really easy to figure it out whitch way it should go.
If you need the sides, back, wedge for a 400mm linear rails and Bed support for a 310x320mm heated bed, I will be more then happy to share it, just let me know.

1 Like

I recall something about “parametric CAD” in a reply here or there… It would be nice if someone could, say, enter the size of their linear rails and CF tube, and generate the CAD for the frame… nudge, nudge, *wink*, *wink*. Or did I miss something again in the CAD? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

If you copy the Fusion360 project, and edit the linear rails to the length that you have, it does extend the CAD for the sides, and for the wedge piece. It’s a bit picky, and last time I tried it, it didn’t extend the bed support piece.

It doesn’t like the Z rails being too long though, and they end up poking out the bottom of the pieces. I gather that this was due to the design needing some parameters constrained in the Z axis beforehand.

The X and Y are easy enough to extend by stretching the MGN12 linear rail for Y, and stretching the CF tube for X.

My CAD was not parametric, so it doesn’t respond to the length of the linear rails. Sorry.

2 Likes

The CAD will change, it is not 100% parametric and not everything updates perfectly. If you move up the rails, or bed size slowly it tends to work better. Double them and things get ugly.

Something of this complexity…my first time using Fusion360, was not easy to get adjustable. It does work up to 350-400 though. Any issue tend to be “joints”, or the bed plate sketch (lots of curves).

If you use it as designed, everything is already done for you, including both frame styles.

2 Likes

OMG.

You will not believe what just got me. I swear, if it was not so freaking funny I would be extremely pissed off. I could not help but laugh. The new white and red build has been “skipping” steps. I kept turning up the current, then checking my crimps. Testing the same gcode on the other printer.

GRUB SCREWS!!! I absolutely checked them 400 times before printing

8 Likes

Well, now I don’t feel so bad. Checking those has become a new pre-print checklist item.

1 Like

After further poking…the accelerations, at least some of them were set super crazy. Like 50,000 instead of 3000. I will flash and clear the eeprom again to see if it is the firmware or some stupid glitch I had.

I think that might have actually hammered my grubs into submission. It was banging and clanging.

When will there be a full parts list and build instructions? No rush I would love to build another printer and the way u have released the other machines and such make it very easy I don’t have alot time these days

1 Like

Yessir, I hope to. First up would be a BOM, then build pics, then filling in the details.

It is good to go at this point I am just starting to use the two I have for production so I am getting lots of identical parts to start making sure accuracy and precision are as much better as the prints are. Parts for the instruction build printer are in the area and hope they get delivered soon!

3 Likes

Almost done, it will be here PrusaPrinters shortly

7 Likes

Started printing this morning. I am planning to build the wooden frame so I’m excited to see the assembly pictures and instructions! This build looks like a lot of fun, thanks for all your hard work.

2 Likes

Got bit by the COVID bug and am now forced to quarantine for a bit, so… Another MP3DP3 started printing this morning. Thanks, Ryan.’

Gonna shoot for a 300x300mm bed size, mostly because I already have a bed that I could use for it. Headed down to my shop shortly to go and cut up all of the extrusion and drill for blind joints,

2 Likes

Oh no, I hope it is a mild ride for you.

You know, this never gets old. I really feel like a dude messing around in his garage, having fun building stuff. Then a comment like this pops up and I realize people actually build this stuff, like a lot of people. So weird. Glad to keep you occupied, hope you have fun, and remember you are an early user so there are bound to be some questions. Hopefully there are tons of people following right behind you!

6 Likes

Sorry About the Covid part, hope you will be better soon…
You will have fun building it.

That is pretty much my bed size I used a CR10S Pro Bed witch is 310x320 , I had a bunch of linear rails left from a previus project 400mm long.
If you haven’t seen it yet here is my Build Thread also Dan @SupraGuy built his at the same size. Here is his Thread
If you need any of the files for that size printer let me know and I will share with you.
Good luck and let us know how it’s going.

3 Likes

Thanks for the positive vibes, gentlemen. Much appreciated.

Feels great knowing that you contribute to the world somehow, huh? None of us are impervious to the need for a sense of purpose, no matter how it manifests itself in our lives. I think that we can always fulfill that need simply by doing what we are good at and letting the rest of the world fall into place as it may.

In your case, definitely keep this train a’movin’! Whether you stay where you’re at or place more of a commercialized emphasis on your product, I think that you’ll always find that the greater majority of us will stand behind you and hope that you are able to continue doing what you love. We sure as hell appreciate it.

While I’m thinking about it… If you ever want to put together more “dumbed down” build guides, let me know. I have a lot of experience doing that sort of thing.

MUCH appreciated! I might take you up on a dxf of that sexy face frame that you have on your machine. Looks awesome.

2 Likes

AH…Yes please!

1 Like

Cool. Well I do a lot of shop drawings for large scale sign fabrication, so I’m well equipped for such a task. I’d be more than happy to give back to the community that way if I can. Just need to get through the holidays so I can put some focus back into my life first.

Shoot me a little reminder when you get some free time and we can see what we can do, thanks!

1 Like

Here it is. DFX and Step file. I only have the Free version of Fusion 360, I can share the file but I don’t think you will be able to download.
share file
Front_panel.zip (268.5 KB)
Edited …
try to add fusion360 archive zip file but is to big…let me see what I can do…

1 Like

Upload the file to dropbox.
Let me know if you can download and open.
Dropbox file