Next client request... Wall mounted bottle opener

That looks amazing. I wouldn’t worry about that at all.

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words, ya’ll! I think I said in one of my other posts, I use this site to log things I’ve learned for my own selfish reasons… :slight_smile: I have a mind like a sieve, and not a fine one.

Like I said, I’m really happy with the removable tray. Was able to cut it all from the same piece of walnut, so it blends together well. And considering I don’t feel like I know what I’m doing, the fit of the pieces turned out awesome (I thought). Plus, I figured who wants to try to empty a bunch of bottle caps from a wall-mounted item? Much easier to just pull off the tray, amiright?

The only other thing I think I’m kind of missing is I wanted a “fancier” top. Like a wall plaque, with the arches and stuff. But I really didn’t have time to futz around in Fusion to draw it up, so I left it the way it is.

Later, all! I’ve got Murphy’s urn that I’m drawing up now, plus a big-ass sign for my cousin’s new office, and another charcuterie board for a friend. Plus a number of garage projects too… Gonna be a busy month!

C

2 Likes

Lovely work and great use of magnets.

Along the same line as having a visual sample so that the client can pick the font, you may want to work up some laser samples so they can make an informed choice about the contrast of the laser engraving with different woods and finishes. I don’t think you’d need to do fresh engraving samples for each project, maybe your company logo on various substrates.

2 Likes