No square Cuts/ Z not dropping down

Hello,

i have some issues with my newly build lowrider v2. First, the Z axis is not droppin down under its own weight. I lubed it and loosend the screws, which hold the nut in place but it simply wont drop down. The Stepper motors can move the screws with no problem, but i read that the z axis should drop down very easily.

But my main problem is, that i cant make square cuts!
Everytime i try to cut an 90 degree angle its not exactly 90 degree. Within a 10cm cut its of by 2mm. I cant explain what causes this.

My tubes are absolutely straight, my endstops have an exact 90 degree Angle to the table,no pulleys are loose, my weels move straight over the table, but it just makes no square cuts!

I added some pictures below. (Ups, can only add one pictur because

im a new user) Sorry for the big mess :smiley:

My Y Plates are printed, but the plate the router sits on is just cut by hand. Could this hand cutted plate be the issue?

1 Like

Welcome to the madhouse! :crazy_face: @jeffeb3 will be along shortly with much better information, but I would probably worry more about the printed Y-plates than the hand-cut router plate. If those Y-plates flex, it could bind things up quickly, and also throw off the squareness of your machine in motion. This is all ungrounded supposition, seeing as I have no relevant experience with a LR2… Just thinking about the forces involved.

Regarding not falling all the way… I am not great at the mechanical part stuff. But sometimes people install the XZ part backwards, or else they miss a spacer. But really, you have to get in there as much as you can and try to find where it is binding. This is going to matter to you pretty quickly.

Regarding it not being square. Is the whole gantry sliding on its wheels? Do the wheels start and then end up the same distance from the edge of the table? Some builds do this, and we’re not sure why. But mine does it, so I installed some tracks that just sit inside the wheels on either end and keep them from moving to the inside.

Jamie has a calibration gcode generator webpage that you can use to isolate odd mechanical problems. You could try that too. It looks for things like backlash in either direction.