Now I can blame Ryan when I screw this up again!

I finally broke down and bought a core from Ryan. Apparently my printer has a twist in the Z axis leaving my core skewed and not working.

So cross your fingers and I’m hoping I’ll get a working MPCNC working after only 4 years (I just checked and my first ever forum post was on 2/26/18) of on and off tinkering!

6 Likes

I’m quite confident in my (old) 3D printer, and even more so in the new Repeat. I spent a lot of time calibrating it to get really good accuracy from it.

I still bought my printed parts for the Primo and the LowRider from Ryan, because at the price/kg of filament, and the possibility that I’d much something up and waste a spool… Ryan’s prices are good enough that it wasn’t worth the risk to me to save a few dollars.

Looking back, no regrets at all.

9 Likes

Whoaaa, I could not take it, when I do something, I have a hard time waiting til the finish line. Like right now, my controller and lcd are not in a finished box, or tied down, but I am using it, LOL
Hope the best for you!

4 Likes

I covered my rambo with a scrap of cardboard until a breeze it ended up falling off and letting an aluminum chip short it out, lol.
Lucky me the rambo is a tank and started right back up (after I found the chip and blew it out).

6 Likes

No pressure, I need to double check this one is perfect…

It is almost done printing, so it will go out first thing, better make sure the rest is ready for it.

1 Like

It looks beautiful!!! Thanks so much for being so speedy, even though I didn’t even get it out of the mailbox until yesterday!

I hope -15F temps don’t hurt PLA!

This one is from the car this morning:

2 Likes

It wouldn’t matter if that temperature hurt PLA for me… I wouldn’t be out in the shop to find out :slight_smile:

Give me my fireplace and a large blanket and a book!

3 Likes

Ohhh, jacket and gloves weather!

2 Likes

My garage is heated!

It was the mailbox time I was concerned with.

Right? I may even zip the jacket.

1 Like

My shop is too. 40f when I’m not out there, 65f when I am… but still. The walk across the patio is brutal :smiley:

1 Like

Mine is attached to the house, I’d need some serious motivation to travel any distance unnecessarily in this weather. It was 50F here last week too. Just a little change.

1 Like

Yup. Same here. It isn’t quite as cold here, but it hasn’t gotten above 25f and it’s freezing rain out. For Texas, that’s cold. We’re 40f down from where we were Monday evening. School was closed early and has been cancelled for tomorrow already.

Oh, even colder than Michigan!!

Today it is 22 with a windchill and I think yesterday it was 47!!! These swings are driving me nuts

1 Like

Our AC is out, so it’s 82 in the apartment… We got tired of living in places with snow, so now we don’t.

4 Likes

Freezing rain SUCKS BALLS. Driving on the skating rink is bad, but when it starts chipping up you get bumpy patches with some traction, then none… etc. It’s my second least favorite driving condition next to fog.

One of these days I’ll do that. My problem is that I moved out of Minneapolis to come here… There was a top 10 worst cities in the winter today went around. I left #9 and moved to #4.

Then we went and bought a house, fell in love with the schools here for my special needs daughter… So I’m pretty much stuck for another 10 years or so. I will say that summers are fantastic with twilight until 11pm in late June early July. Bugs aren’t much of an issue because they aren’t stupid enough to live here…
Every winter I question my sanity, especially in 2020 when I was traveling the country and saw how the rest of the world lives.

No mention of blowing snow? I have driven on highway 93 from Boulder CO to Golden. Wind was blowing snow across the road and I couldn’t see the hood of the car. The only place I could see the road was if I looked down next to the driver door. I went about 10mph and made sure I could see the yellow line, and if any headlights appeared, I stayed far enough away. It was a mess. Couldn’t really stay put either.

Luckily, I work from home now, so I don’t drive anywhere but to the ski resorts during snow storms anymore.

2 Likes

Blowing snow is the best!

I drove from Rapid City, SD to Mandan, ND in conditions similar to that on Monday. There’s no interstate between the middle of ND and middle of SD, only single lane Hwy the whole trip.

It was SUPER fun. Also, the weekend in SD temps were 50-60F but when we left to drive home it was -1 and looked like that.