Off we go

For the address sign, I primed and painted the cream surface first - with an exterior primer and exterior paint (both water based, it’s what I had laying around). Let set 24 hours. Then masked it with Oramask 813. Carve through the Oramask. Spray painted the letters and pealed up the Oramask. No bleeding.

The wood was some old redwood decking I planed, jointed and did a biscuit glue up to get to width.

after carve

[attachment file=109912]

[attachment file=109913]

just starting to remove the Oramask

[attachment file=109914]

1 Like

Wife - “we need house numbers”

Me - “done”

[attachment file=115812]

3 Likes

That’s so attractive. I have to make a sign for a front yard for an office. This sure helps me visualize what I need to do.

1 Like

Thanks for the info, they do look great and I’m starting to dig into this a little so hearing how others are handling it is great, cheers.

No since in going out in the world today, stayed home and made my first box.

8 Likes

Looks great. What software did you use to design that?

I modeled the pieces in Onshape. Found a feature script called Laser Joint. It allowed for corner overcut of the corners and fit tolerance. Onshape can make sheet drawings of the modeled pieces which I exported as DXF and imported to Estlcam.

3 Likes

Thanks, I’ll look into it. I’m looking to make some similar style boxes for the garage to organize various things and was trying to figure out the best way to setup the design.