Parallelogram baby gate

My baby girl just started to pull up herself on the stairs, so I had to install a baby gate…
The problem: the staircase devides the living room and the dining room. A normal gate would block the way when it’s open.
I looked for some inspiration on the internet and found some examples for parallelogram baby gates. :+1:
With that great idea, I designed my own one. In addition, I tried to avoid bore holes on the walls by clamping the side plates onto the stairs.
Only on the right plate, there is one screw to hold it in place.
All parts are cut on my lowrider and the whole project came out really well :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Well Done! :+1:

1 Like

That is pretty sweet. Fine work, all around fine work. You get a raise!

2 Likes

Man, I lost count how many flights of stairs I fell down as a kid. We never had those fancy carpet covered stairs either, always old wooden farmhouse stairs! :rofl: Mom would look at me, make sure I wasn’t leaking anywhere then say “hurt didn’t it”.

3 Likes

Well done, a very worthwhile project with a little one exploring the place.

1 Like

How is the top end fastened to the wall? If used as a handrail

When it’s closed, it fits into the side plate. When it is open, there is actually no bracket to hold it in place. At this position, I think I will add a holder on the bottom of the gate to prevent it from gliding down the stairs.

2 Likes

That is great very nicely done😀

1 Like