Asking for help please!
Would be appriciated for advice - what the correct way to connect the steppers to Ramps slots when I use the dual-endstops and dual-endstop firmware?
My first assembling with: 3 drivers, no endstops, series stepper wiring and MPCNC813_GLCD firmware worked good.
When flashed the ‘dual endstop firmware’ (from here: https://www.v1engineering.com/auto-square-dual-endstops/ the same at GitHub: https://github.com/Allted/Marlin (I think it is a Marlin 1.1.5 version) few problems appeared that I solving step by step.
But one issue I cannot understand: how the steppers X1 X2 Y1 Y2 should be wired when I use the dual-endstops for X and Y axes and dual-endstop firmware?
Trying to collect possible diagrams of wiring to easier to solve.
I attach 3 diagrams and 1 scheme:
#1 - how steppers was wired when all worked good (without endstops and with the MPCNC813_GLCD firmware)
#2 - how steppers wired now and not works properly (X2 and Y2 stepper doesn’t move, steppers also doesn’t works properly, but seems need to correct steppers’ connecting first )
#3 - wiring kit that allow dual endstop firmware usage (seems little different from diagram #1, but I’m not shure because not much clever in steppers’ coils works).
Diagram #3 make me think that E0 and E1 drivers’ slots are not connecting to steppers and use only for endstops logic worls when we use dual endstops, is it correct??
Scheme drawing is how my assemble looks now with all endstops and won’t to move:)
Thanks in advance!
- All parts are not from V1engineering.com’ shop.
- Board - Arduino ATmega 2560, Ramps 1.4, DRV8825 drivers.
- Firmware - Marlin-1.1.x for dual endstops from here: https://www.v1engineering.com/auto-square-dual-endstops/ the same at GitHub: https://github.com/Allted/Marlin (I think it is a Marlin 1.1.5 version).
- I use the mechanical endstops:
- 2 for X axe (X1=Xmin, x2=Xmax);
- 2 for Y axe (Y1=Ymin, Y2=Ymax);
- for Z axe I have: Touch Plate (Zmin) and one mechanical endstop - Zmax (same as on X and Y axes).
- Endstops wired as Normally Open (NO) logic: NO connected to “S” pin, C connected to “-” pin.
6.Endstop for Z wired:
Zmin: TouchPlate connected to “S” pin, Tool connected to “-” pin.
Zmax: NO connected to “S” pin;
C connected to “-” pin.
- Windows 7