Power Brick SKR Pro

I ordered the power brick that is for sale in the online shop here. Anyone using it in the skr pro 1.2?

I’m having second thoughts. I may pick up a mean well 24 volt power supply.

Any opinions?

I am using a meanwell 24V in my bigger 3D printer. It is good for that mostly because I have a 300mmx300mm bed. I also have a hot end, but 12V would have been fine for that. The bed is going to use a lot of amps, even at 24V.

On out cnc machines, everything is bigger, except the electrical power requirements. The motors won’t be drawing more amps than the smaller power brick can handle and counterintuitively, the extra voltage isn’t going to matter much. Even though it is doubled. The stepper drivers provide constant current, not constant voltage, so doubling the voltage will mean they are just on for half as long. The one exception is higher speed. Above some speed, the motors on a 12V will dip in current and lose torque. It isn’t really a problem though, because you’d only travel that speed in a rapid movement. You won’t be milling that fast.

Save the money, and stick with the power brick as is. It is a reliable power supply for these machines.

Thank You.