Questions about Endstops with new build

I am beginning to get my parts for the lowrider 2 build. I have my rails and the lowrider parts kit with the SKR v1.2 board. I will be receiving the 3d printed parts and flat parts soon from v1 engineering. I really didn’t look into the endstops until now. I am a complete newb on this and will be trying my best to build it all without help (and posting when I need help).

Anyway, I did not order endstops and am now wondering if I should go ahead and order them. What do you think? I am not 100% sure what I would need to order, either. How many of the “Limit switch, Endstop” and “Roller Limit Switch, Endstop” will I need? For wiring, do I order the wiring kit or the individual “Endstop Plugs”? https://shop.v1engineering.com/search?q=endstop

Thanks

You don’t need them. I would wait until you see what is in the box and get some projects done to understand what it will take.

Before I built my machine, coming from 3D printing I thought that they were essential items, so I built my machine with them. After a while I realized they were meh.
Where they do help is getting the machine square but there’s other ways to do that, just not as elegant, unlike 3D printing you’re moving ‘home’ around with each part pretty much so bouncing off the limit switches at the start of each run is generally not a thing (for me at least).

1 Like

Thanks guys. OK, I won’t order (yet).