Quick takedown for storage?

Hello, all. First post here.
I am planning on purchasing the LR2 for use in DIY loudspeaker designs. I plan to purchase the kit with the Rambo and sideparts as well as the printed parts and I’ll source the 1" od (0.065" walls) locally. I’ve used the calculator and based on my typical cut sizes, I should be fine a 33x64 inch table will take care of cuts up to 2x4 feet (with a little bit of wiggle room).

In my garage I made a workbench from 3x8 plywood. Nothing fancy. Just a big table, of sorts. I use this table for various tasks. This table isn’t really ideal for the LR2 due to its size, proximity to the wall, and the fact that it’s the “catch all” for all sorts of toys, tools, Christmas lights, etc.
So, I was considering building a smaller table on casters that I could use for LR2 purposes; it would enable me to wheel it outside the garage when not in use. But this is where I need some advice: I’m wondering if any of you can tell me if the LR2 can be easily disassembled/reassembled so I can store it away when not in use or if you have any ideas to make it so? Realistically, I hate to have ‘dead space’ and a >2x4 foot table dedicated to the LR2 would kind of be a waste of garage space if I can’t use it for anything else in between my LR2 sessions (which would be maybe a few hours every few weeks on average). If worse comes to worse I’ll just live with the “dead” space (pun entirely intended, ha!).

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Welcome! I’ve seen everything from tilting tables to pulleys and cables to suspend the table near the ceiling. The most common solution seems to be parking the gantry on one end, and basically using it as more storage/workspace… :grin:

1 Like

pulleys… I can dig it. :smiley: