Rambo v1.4 Repetier Server on Pi Commands Not Recognized

@jeffeb3 @vicious1 I tried loading 421 with both Extruder set to 1 and 0, and it still has a comm timeout and misunderstood command problem…I have to run an errand, then I’ll try some other things (like reloading the Pi with the V1 Pi image, and following similar steps as I did to get the MPCNC with the mini-rambo to work, although, I really don’t think I changed much in the loading process, so I’m a bit stumped.

Edit: Oh man you guys! I figured it out, and I’m just dumb. When I installed RS, I didn’t change the default firmware type from “Repetier Firmware” to “Marlin” so the commands weren’t understood…obviously. So sorry to waste your time, and I really do appreciate how responsive you both were. I’ll draw a crown tonight just make sure all is good.

3 Likes

I’m currently in the process of trying to install Repetier Server on my Raspberry Pi 3B+ but I’m having a couple of issues. I’m not able to scroll down on the page to select my proper country code as a part of the initial setup of RS and therefore cannot connect to a network.

Can you possibly give me some pointers on attempting to install RS via the command line? I’m not sure if this will circumvent my issue or not but seems like it may be worth a shot.

The country code doesn’t usually keep you from connecting. I forget it pretty often. But then, I’m in the us and the default is GB. I think it has to do with which channels are available or what power it uses.

You can set the country code and wifi settings in a file in the boot partition. On my v1pi image it is v1pi-wpa-supplicant.txt. You can edit it on the sdcard and then put it in the pi. I haven’t ever used repetier server though.

1 Like

Thanks, I’m gonna look into that. I have a power supply made specifically for the Pi that should be pretty stable but it’s also worth checking out. I haven’t gotten to use repetier server (yet) but I really like repetier host and it seems like it might allow me the most functionality for my needs.

I was definitely curious about trying to install reptier server alongside the v1pi bundle as James mentioned but it sounds like it might require slightly more advanced knowledge of the Pi haha.