Repetier host driving z axis below zero at the end of a print

Guys,

I built the MPCNC Primo and learning daily. I have an issue and I can’t figure it out.

At certain times, when a program ends the gantry moves back to the origin as I have selected, then the Z-axis goes negative and tries to drive itself into the spoilboard.

It also does this sometimes when I hit “kill print.”

This is making me crazy. Any ideas.?

Kill print is not a good idea it can stick on the current command until it actually resets. Either stop it or kill the power.

What does your ending gcode look like? If you have an invalid command it can glitch hard.

Thanks Ryan.

Last line of code sends the gantry back to the origin and puts the tool at 2mm.

I was experimenting a bit ago and I noticed that at the program end Z axis motor deenergizes and freewheels.

With the router running, there is enough vibs and gravity to let the Z axis drop…it’s actually turning the lead screw.

I manually control my router, so should I remove the M05 code also?

Here is my ending code:

G00 Z2.0000 F480
G00 X0.0000 Y0.0000 F2100

M05

I’m not Repeater-Host user, but I’ve seen this issue come across the forum before. Most likely you need to change your Printer settings. In Config/Printer Settings/Printer do the following:

The M5 is not the source of your problems, so you can leave it.

3 Likes

That says move the router to Z=2mm, then to 0,0. So if your router is at z=30 it (CAN) will move down 28mm then slide across your work piece.
G91
G01 Z2 F480
G00 X0 Y0 F2100

Is a better option. G91 is relative so move Z 2mm up from where it currently is.

Get rid f the M05 if you are not using it.

Yup and Roberts suggestion is valid. That powers down the steppers and The Z can drop from gravity

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll try this tomorrow!

Thanks Ryan! This helps too!