Repitier throwing "Printer error". Motors stop while homing.

I’ve got a large 3’ x 6’ table. When I try to home, if the X has to travel anything greater than around 12" the motors stop and Repitier shows a red error message saying there is a printer error. Any ideas what could be causing this? I’ve tried to find some sort of timeout in Repitier or the firmware, but haven’t noticed anything.

First thing is homing isn’t really used on an MPCNC unless you have dual endstops and then you home X and Y but not Z. Which firmware are you running and how is your hardware configured?

1 Like

I’m running MPCNC_Ramps_T8_16T_LCD_32step. I’ve got endstops on X1 and Y1

What happens if you home using the LCD controller.

You should not be homing without the dual firmware.

The thing you are seeing is it will only “home” for 200mm unless you change the firmware.

ok… :(…

Good to know Im good to go then!

This is what I need to do as well. I’m searching the forums right now about how to change that unless someone has it handy before I actually find it.

It is the bed size in configuration.h

1 Like

Bedsize is set in Configuration.h. Default is 200mm x 200mm.
Not sure, but homing may stop therefore after the 200mm.
Mine did the same, and I cannot remember what I changed.
Might be a stepper timeout? But I think that is default set in Configuration_adv.h at 1200 seconds which is more than enough.

Thanks Steve, I’ll look into that. I haven’t touched anything in the firmware before nor have I had to flash anything because it all came from Ryan as-is. So that alone will be new for me too.

That is for how long the steppers stay energized after a job completes. Best not to change this.

Yes it is bed size in config.h, but really just moving it closer by hand is the quick fix. Next time you update or something you can change the numbers before you flash.

Very true, it’s not a big deal to do that.