Router dives into cut

I am going to do my best explain what i am struggling with.
I am trying to cut the router plate with “origin” in bottom left.
My router starts in top right and travels down to bottom left and dives into the board.

*Also learned a lesson, do not panic if something happens. (Grabbed the router bit; HOT AS HELL)

Using EstlCam and Repiter-Host
Google drive link to my dxf, nc, and gcode.
Both files in gcode folder are what dove into the wood.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1pzY-DbJP7TcwtoZ1VAWDbr78eN02Eeyb?usp=sharing

*Edit Spelling and file names

figured this out (me not reading documentation)

This was missing from my gcode.

The below is what was missing from my GCode ( I missed this in the Documentation)
G1 Z7 F400 (this is my clearance plane and is already in my gcode)
G1 X0 Y0 F2100 (I add this to have the machine drive its self back to the start)

I’m not an EstlCAM user, but from just understanding the g-code, I don’t see how this new line fixed your problem, plus you should not have to hand add a line like that to get your machine to work. There is probably either an EstlCAM or Repetier-Host setting at the root of the issue. I think you need to dig a little deeper. It would help to figure things out if you were to post the first 100 lines of the g-code file that was misfiring.

I suspect the root is the issue is too high a feedrate on the Z axis, but that is only a guess.

Test1.gcode (48.2 KB)

Working.gcode (53.3 KB)

I attached both set of GCode.

What I see in the two files bolster my idea that this is a feedrate issue. See this line of g-code near the top of your Test1 g-code file:

G0 X0 Y0 Z0 F2100

It is trying to move the Z axis lead screw at 2100 mm/s, and it just cannot move that fast. I’m not an EstlCAM user, but, if you haven’t already, you should do the recommended setup as specified here, and in particular, should set the max Z feedrate to 480 as shown here.

It is also possible that the G92 at the top file is what fixed your problem. If you put this in by hand, there are settings that generate it automatically.

I appreciate the help on this. I did follow that setup and my numbers match the setup guide.

There is a place to add custom code , which I am in progress of updating now.

Make sure you are also resetting your coordinates before starting the job. That may have been the difference, but it was hard to notice.

You can set the 0,0,0 from the lcd, or add G92 X0 Y0 Z0 to the starting gcode.

I could not figure out how to reset via lcd (likely user error) but I did add that line to my code.