Sign Software Recommends

I am interested in getting the MPCNC but I would like some recommendations on what design software I should use. I would be making wooden signs / logos or wood carvings etc. I have seen Inkscape an I have used Adobe Illustrator in the past. Any recommendations or comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Mark

Inkscape + estlcam. Works like a charm! If you’re familiar with vectors, you have a head start on inkscape. If not, you’ll have a learning curve for both programs, but it’s not impossible at all!

3 Likes

Take a look at the software workflow to get a sense of how it works. You can make the design in illustrator (or inkscape if you like free) and then use Estlcam to do the CAM, where you tell it which parts to cut, what to remove, how fast, how deep, etc.

2 Likes

I have had great success with Inkscape and EstlCAM.

I have also used OnShape and Kiri:Moto for CAM and it is quite handy, although I’ve only done some simple 2.5 D stuff.

1 Like

Thanks to all who gave me some advice. I am new at MPCNC and I want to make sure I do my homework before I start buying things and waste money.

Thanks
Mark

1 Like