SKR "printer not attached"

Just got my SKR PRO and Tft35 v3 set up. I’m getting the “printer not attached” message. I’ve switched baud between115200 and 250000 but no luck. Everything flashed exactly per V1 instructions. Any tips?

Is the plug wired the right way? I guess it should be since it has power.

The serial port for the lcd is port 1, which should be enabled in our firmware. The lcd is dead simple.

Wow. You respond faster than I can say: “look closer at the file names, dummy”. To myself. Thank you sir. I’m up and running!

1 Like

Cool, which problem was it? Misconfigured skr. Marlin?

No, no. I just grabbed the wrong file. Seems answers never reveal themselves until we get the gumption to ask . Now that it’s up and working, this tft is really nice.

1 Like

I’ve flashed all the latest SKR Pro and TFT firmware (got the whole new package from V1 shop) and I’m getting “Printer not connected” most of the time (10 out of 1). Need to do a bunch of power-off to both the board and the screen to get the connection. The screen is connected using both serial and touch interfaces as it’s in the documentation.

Any ideas?

Toggling the power shouldn’t help. Do you have the right baud set (250k)? It takes a moment (less than 30 seconds, but more than a few).

Thanks for the fast reply. It’s amazing how vibrant this community.

Yes. It’s 250k.

Does it matter that also my computer with Repetier host connected at the same time? I sometimes can trigger the disconnect by quickly pushing move buttons on TFT screen. It shows “Busy …” and get’s stuck

The firmware is all the latest from Git releases on both SKR and TFT with dual-stop bin

Hmmm. I don’t know. The TFT is relatively new.

They are on different serial ports, so they shouldn’t be cross talking.

Thank you. Will continue observing and will try to find a pattern

Mine shows that message for ~15s or so at startup. I just wait and it goes away. Maybe not the case here, but it would be the easiest thing to rule out lol

2 Likes

Quick question on this: have been setting up my electronics, and my SKR Pro V1.2 seems to be working quite nicely - have flashed the V1 firmware on the board and TFT screen, and it’s happily driving 3 steppers back and forth.

I do see “No printer attached” when I startup, followed after about 10s or so by an “All low” error message and beeping. However, when I ok it, the “No printer attached” message vanishes and I can move the steppers. Is that normal, or should I investigate further?

The mo printer attached message means it hasn’t talked to Marlin yet. Once it does, the all low error originates from Marlin.

That error message means Marlin can’t talk to one of the drivers. Do you have all five installed? You can hook up a computer and look at the response from M119, and that will tell you which drivers it can’t talk to. It’s hard to say if it is ok to ignore because it may be nbd.

Ah thanks! Indeed, I only connected three of them, on the basis that I won’t be using the other two. I’ll add them and take another look!

I had the same problem. Took me a bit to realize that I had wired the TFT ribbon cables incorrectly. Once I got them in the right place, the message went away and not only could I move it with the touchscreen but with Repetier. Didn’t have a pen mount, but a couple of zipties and now there’s a pen drawing a crown!

1 Like

SKR1.2 Pro, dual end stops installed.
I used this firmware: Marlin_V1CNC_SkrPro_DualLR_2209_2.0.7.2_509-src.zip
I am having this problem.
I just completed building my lowrider. back before competing. When I first turned it on, I had “no printer attached”.
A friend said to change the UART speed to a random value and then change back to 250K. That worked for me. Homing worked fine, all seemed correct.
Fast forward, I thought I was completely done, wrapping all of the wires in jackets, etc, and put the case together for the first time, one of the Z axis did not home.
I Took the case off, and checked the wire.
When I turned it back on, I receved the no printer attached.
I tried adjusting the UART speed, as before, it did not work.
I reflased the firmware, it did not work
I check all of the jumpers on the stepper motors, and it nothing had changed.
I tried the change UART speed several times, and then once, when I hit the back arrow, I think no speed was selected.
Now, it just displays the Bigtree Text symbol, no menu, and card inserted if there is a card.
I tried resetting the board,
Please advise

Do you have both power lines connected?

I am not sure what you mean.
I reflashed the TFT firmware, and noted that the single wire part of the black ribbon was loose, and connected it back.
Then I did not get the correct menu.
I tried several different touch screen builds, and just found the right one I think.
I guess that was the problem.
I think it is working.