Smaller MPCNC based on 1/2 EMT tubing

Thanks Vicious team. We now have 3 MPCNCs. Two are build in standard 3/4 inch EMT
(one with an 18x18x10 inch build space and the other has an 18x18x18 inch build space).
We are interested in the MPCNC is a general open G-code bot that one can bolt on a wide
variety of end effectors.

Our latest machine is built on 1/2 inch EMT. It has a 200x200x200 mm build space.
We scaled down most of the parts by 0.75 any part that had bearings needed to be
scaled by 0.80. We used 626 bearings. The only parts that really needed any redesign
were parts with motors. We are more than happy to share our files
if anyone is interested. We will have a BOM in the near future.

Attached is a picture of the bot. …Mark

Nice! Although I can’t figure out how you drew that vase with the pen. :slight_smile:

this week we are pen plotting (as a way to validate g-code created by students). Last week we were filament printing. Nice catch! …M

Must be one of those new fancy 3d printer pens!

I love it! Looking forward to you sharing the files.

Attaching one of those doodle pens would be really funny. I guess you can’t control the extrusion though, so it would probably be a mess.

In the latest MAKE magazine, someone doodled a full size car (just the outer shell, but still…)

THIS is what i am looking for as i will use the machine for small wodden boxes and some 3d printing. i would LOVE the files sir~

after an email conversation with the Vicious team, I will be posting the
files on thingiverse (likely over the weekend). …M

I have put up files and a BOM on Thingiverse.

Mini-MPCNC (1/2 EMT Variant)

…M

hi mark…
interesting this mini MPCNC…
would these motor mount work… since these were design for the original MPCnC

thanks

Bern, The Z axis and the universal mount are scaled at 80% of the 23.5 (3/4 inch EMT).
As such you will need to design a new mount. BUT more importantly, I have some concern about clearance for the DW660 going through the mini-Z carriage. At the narrowest part, their is about 2 inches (50 mm) of distance.

Pen holder passes through fine.

A Dremel 300 series tool passes through fine.

We are able to squeeze an MK8/9 extruder through the opening.

To create a mount, you take the “Blank Tool Holder”:

Scale it to 80%. Then use MeshMixer or Rhino to join/union together the model of the holder of choice, and then print it out.

Does this help? …M