[Solved] Trouble Assembling Z Axis (23.5mm)

Hello all,

I’m near the end of the build portion of my first MPCNC, and I seem to have hit a snag assembling the Z axis. I printed a DW660 tool mount from the V1 engineering GitHub. However, when I put the mount onto the Z-Axis assembly, and start to tighten it up, the conduit is pulling together. By about 5mm. Its to the point where I won’t be able to put the Z axis into the core, because the Z rails aren’t lining up with the bearings.

I suspect that the part on GitHub that I printed is intended for the 25.4 mm tubing, rather than the 23.5mm, which would explain the movement. Am I right about this? If so, where is the mount I should print for the DW660? Or should I just put some washers behind the tool mount and move on?

BTW, I realize in the pictures below that my lead screw is too long. I’m going to cut it to length as soon as I am sure that I can assemble the Z axis properly.
Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

Primo mounts should all have a spacer behind them.

Upper and lower tool plate.
https://docs.v1engineering.com/mpcnc/PParts/

1 Like

Thanks! As I’ve been looking at my box of parts, I’ve been wondering what those were for. Somehow I totally overlooked that in the directions.

1 Like