stepper motor wires, should I cut?

Hello all,

I am just finishing my build and am wondering what others have done with the wires that come off the stepper motors themselves.

I have the wiring harness that comes in the kit and I wrapped it with 1/4" sleeving. it looks great and it reached all the stepper motors without any additional wire needed.

I have a dupont crimper and wire stripper coming and am wondering if it is recommended to cut the wires to the length I want. Or if I should sleeve the stepper motor wires and feed them into some kind of cable chain.

[attachment file=110299]

IMG_2618.jpg

It is what I had planned to do until the DuPont connector kit got lost in shipping. I ended up trimming cutting them and splicing a length of shielded wire into the length and then then used the motor connectors for plugging into the board.

I wanted to get a bigger build so I didn’t get the standard wire harness. Also was a little confused about the series parallel thing.

I’d eliminate the loops in the middle. I don’t know enough about electronics to give a good reason for or against, but from a neatness and aesthetic point of view, it would be better.

1 Like