Teachingtech Setup Help

So, I know this has been tackled a couple different places, but I can’t seem to get it to work. Is there a thorough guide that someone has done on how to make an SKR 1.3 with the TMC5160 work? I am currently to the point where when I try to run a cut it simply will not turn the motors. I have seen the issues with the 5160’s but have been having trouble wrapping my head around the troubleshooting in the forums.

I have flashed the precompiled firmware from one of the forums for a TT fix, when I power it up I get the red led in the bottom left corner and the green led that comes on once it’s loaded I believe.

I’d be happy to post pictures etc. to help figure this out, but would like to get it working this way as dumping more money on it isn’t going to be feasible for a little while.

Man, I really wish I knew. I don’t have any 5160 drivers. Maybe I need to get some. We have seen some odd behavior with his bin file. So far, I have just been guessing, which is why the troubleshooting posts have been all over the place.

No problem. I actuallly think I’ve diagnosed the problem as the TFT35 I am trying to use. I connected it to Repetier-Host and ran the crown print from the host software and everything worked fine. (after removing the CLK wire on the TMC5160

That is great!

Maybe you could explain exactly what you did, which firmware you used, and provide links to the parts you bought? Maybe we can build this knowledge up.

Sure thing. Gonna wait til I get the TFT28 to make sure that’s my only issue and then I’ll do some sort of quick write up.

1 Like

Now someone has come along with a solution to the 5160’s. Not to be a smart ass but pin A2 on the 5160’s isnt the clock pin. If I need to get into details I will but trust me. The A2 pin is not the clock. I can verify this with my oscope

To make sure we’re talking the same pin, the one labeled CLK in this diagram, not the one labeled A2

Now that’s interesting. The diagram biotech sent me wasnt this at all. But I do see one clk for internal, and the a2 is also a clock. I’ll have to verify this once I get out of the shop.

A2 is the second wire for the A coil. It goes to the motor.